GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:p

I know most people moving from GTR - Porker seem to go to something ridiculous like a GT3 or a Ruf or something, but I'm downgrading if anything, to something more modest - a 944 :)

The model I'm after is a 944 S2, in black, with black/black interior with the revised ('87 onwards) dash. Preferably with 17" Cup wheels, as little mileage as possible, with FPSH :clap:

Anybody have any experience of these cars? :)

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And why the hell have I put this in 'Skyline related' when it clearly isnt :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Pikey said:
And why the hell have I put this in 'Skyline related' when it clearly isnt :rolleyes:
Because you can only think "Skyline".

Mate,you dont want a Porsche(and a 944 is not a Porsche,it is a "Housewifes-Porsche"),i had a 944 Turbo Cup around 9 Years ago,what a bullshit,it was fast,but awefull to drive,i didn´t like it,so i sold it after only 2 weeks:clap:

Expensive to repair,expensive parts,ugly look:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
funny that ,ive gone from a 89 3.0L 944s2 to a skyline GTR ,the Porsche 944 s2 is a Great looking gt car & used to turn heads ( still got it ,but is for sale ):sadwavey: & dare i say it a better build quaility than the gtr but i got bored with it quite quick as the power was limted unless you have a turbo or supercharger fitted ,get a Boxter if you can afford it ,good luck with whatever you buy:thumbsup:
A pic of my s2

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
As mentioned, if you go for that type ofPorsche, get yourself a 968 Club Sport.
A friend of mine had a 944 convertible back in 1996. Very good car for posing back in the day.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Pikey

you are never going to get full support here for a porsche!

I have had a few GTRs and now have a 911 (996) carrera 2, 1999. now I would never look back as there are so many things that is better about the porsche which out weigh a GTR.

the GTR is quick for sure but once you have been there and done it I would rather spend 35k on a nice porsche than a 34 GTR. std the GTR is ok, some mild tuning transforms it and makes it into a quick car.

there are loads of ex GTR owners out there who now run a german car of some sorts and have seen the light! a lot to do with what you have to spend I guess but a porsche is a porsche and they are built so well.

I would avoid the 944 if you can. why not look at the 968 as much better and updated?

the 968 club sport is one of the best handling cars around, very light, a good engine and can really reward as a drive.

depends on your budget.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Fuggles said:
Yep. Burnt them off loads of times on motorways and away from lights, and especially going round corners :D :D
Snap, in fact 2 weeks ago the owner of said "burnt off" 944 turbo followed me to Tesco to talk about the GT-R for about 30 minutes - I just walked away from the car on road and he was totally awestuck. They are really not that fast Jeff :sadwavey: and a 968 is apparantly a much better Porsche. They are about 250bhp but don't seem any quicker than a Type R Civic etc. The suspension also did not seem great but that's probably just it's age.

Nice example although as he had it from new "amongst other cars" and it was mint :clap: .

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Das Chin said:
Pikey

you are never going to get full support here for a porsche!
I disagree, I think on here the Porsches are respected especially the 911's as you can see from most past threads (any M3 other than an E30 or a CSL isn't however lol).

The problem isn't the Porsche thing it's that he thinking of a 944 when he should be thinking 968 or even old 911 lol!

1 - 20 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.