GTR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After finding out three weeks ago that I am going to be jobless as of 18th November, I've just now come to realise that I'm going to have to sell my R32 GTR :bawling: .... can you guys give me an idea of what it's worth please?

As some of you may know, I bought the car in February this year drove it for three short weeks before the big ends went a-knockin' at a trackday at 'Knock'hill (the place is cursed I tell ye!"). This was caused by oil surge starving the engine of it's life blood on the fast right handers.
It has now been rebuilt and run in and purrs like a Lion :) .

The car is a 91 H, gunmetal R32 GTR. it has 49k on the clock... only 4k of this is miles! I took the speedo converter off as soon as I bought the car as it had a strange effect on the hicas rear wheel steering. The rough mileage then is 32k miles and it is evident when you drive the car.
The gearbox is tight and 'snickety'... if you know what I mean :thumbsup: .
The standard shocks and springs are superb and if not for the 4x4 ride height I would never change them as they look virtually new with no rust or paint damage. There is virtually no rust on the car whatsoever and the underside is clean and straight; no bent chassis legs or sills here.
The paint is like new and really dazzles when washed and waxed, I can only guess that this car led a very privileged existance in Japan as it must have been garaged and driven only at weekends although I sadly have no history of it's life before it came to the UK.

Here is the state of tune the car is in after the rebuild:

Current engine spec's:
Reconditioned cylinder head including skim. (work done by Pistons + Components engineers)
Block skimmed, honed and cleaned, Tomei oil restrictor fitted (similar to N1 block).
COMETIC 1.4mm metal head gasket used.
Pistons cleaned up and 1 rod replaced, new rings fitted.
Nismo N1 oil pump used in conjunction with a clean R33 v-spec crank and ACL race main bearings (sponsored by Larry Perkins of Bathhurst fame!) and big end bearings.
Tomei baffled sump to stop the dreaded oil surge!
A Tomei engine gasket set was used when putting it all back together.

Turbo and Intercooler. Inlet and Exhaust:
for the Turbo side of things I fitted 2 recon'd steel (Inconel) internal turbos, they are fed by a pair of Blitz filters and waste gasses exit through a pair of R34 elbows into a custom 3inch straight through system.... as my good friend Martin said, "the noise it makes would give a Monk wood"! There is a meaty HKS intercooler and hard pipe kit cooling the intake temp's too.

Brakes are standard items with Ferrodo DS pads, seriously good pads!

The interior of the car is almost pristine barring a tear in the driver seat bolster (possibly caused by the seat belt) and the drivers floormat being a bit frayed at one edge. The mats are original items. The steering wheel has a few nicks and cracks but is in generally good condition. There is no bulge on the passenger side of the dashboard, all interior electrics are fine and air con works perfectly. The clock has been replaced with the GReddy boost controller and in addition there is a turbo timer and M's torque split controller.
The car has an impressive but unobtrusive sound system consisting of Clarion cd/mp3 head unit, large Panasonic rear speakers and component mid and tweeters up front. The Alarm is thatcham approved and only fitted last year for around £300. It features remote central locking, panick alarm and intelligent arming.

The car has recently completed it's 1000 mile run in period without any hiccups. In that period it had three mineral oil changes and is now running Silkolene proS 10w50. I fitted a Grex oil filter relocation kit to make oil changes a doddle. I had planned to fit an oil cooler when I had more cash as it is easy to do with the relocation kit in place.
The car is still running standard boost but is incredibly quick as it is and much more surefooted since I fitted 17x9.5" Impul split rim alloys. I have a profecB boost controller fitted in place just waiting to be used and a Mines ecu to controll the demands of higher boost. I don't want to up the boost till I can get the car on a rolling road and set up safely.

The only negative things about this car I can say is that it has a few light scratches and one heavy one above the rear passenger wheelarch. There are three or four light dings, most barely noticable with the eye. There is also a very small stone chip on the windscreen. Under the bonnet everything is clean but unfortunately the fan cowling has come into contact with the fan at some point and could do with mending or peplacing.

Oh and very importantly, it passed it's mot last week without a hitch :clap: .

I really don't want to part with this car as I'll struggle to get one quite this clean again. I have to face facts though that I cannot afford to own a Skyline at the present time.

The car should be good for 400-450bhp at the flywheel with 15psi boost :D .

I have spent around £3,500 on parts alone for this car since The big ends went and would hope to see a lot of this back as the parts are virtually new!

Any ideas on price folks? Would be selling as soon the right buyer came along but could potentially wait until early next year. I'm not prepared to take any huge losses here.

Gutted at having to give up Godzooki :(,
Jonny

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Sounds like you have a good car there, which should sell quickly.

Sadly you won't be able to recover the money spent on it, it is worth more, but only a fraction of what it cost.

Hope you find another job soon, so you won't have to sell.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks Nisfan. There is one job I'm after which would allow me to keep the Skyline so fingers crossed!

I've seen similar spec cars with more miles which haven't just had an engine rebuild go for around £9-10k. Would you say that is a reasonable price for my car?

Oh forgot to say, it has the NISMO bonnet lip and bumper vents.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
If it is as good as you say, I would think that would be an easy target, there aren't too many clean R32's about.
A big factor in selling cars, is how desperate the seller is. If you can hang on for a while, you should easily get a decent price. Take lots of good pics, and post it up.

Good Luck!!!

To cheer you up,
A man was seen walking through Glasgow with a Wellington on his nob.

Police say there is no cause for alarm.....he's obviously just fvckinaboot.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A man was seen walking through Glasgow with a Wellington on his nob.

Police say there is no cause for alarm.....he's obviously just fvckinaboot.
Mwahahahaha, you'd be amazed to hear I've never heard that before!

Thanks for the input Nisfan and Dale :thumbsup: .

·
Registered
54 Posts
Mwahahahaha, you'd be amazed to hear I've never heard that before!

Thanks for the input Nisfan and Dale :thumbsup: .
Crap news on the job front, hope it works out...

I have just bought my R33 and I originally looked at an R32 so I think a realistic price is £10k if you hold out, £8k for a quick sale. Its really a buyers market, the prices have dropped....good luck!!!

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Don't sell! Call the bank and tell them you want a mortgage holiday and then apply for a stack of credit cards. Simple! :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hmmm Fuggles, that's not such a bad idea... the mortgage holiday that is.... :).

Thanks all, I'll take some pictures in the next week or so and get them up.

·
R35 Section manager
11,263 Posts
Don't sell! Call the bank and tell them you want a mortgage holiday and then apply for a stack of credit cards. Simple! :)

Whats a mortgage holiday-Sounds to good to be true:runaway:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts