GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello every one I am Nismo Freak. I live in the US and am one of the very few to own a Skyline. I have a Blue GTR R34 V-Spec II and it has about 600bhp.
I am looking to upgrade some stuff on it and looking to get the most possible hp out of pump gas (93 octane here) The previous owner had it tuned to run on 91 octane but i dont get that, all we have is 85,87, and 93 and no race gas (93 is as high as it gets) I am sure someone here will say that it wont work due to detonation but i have a STI running 34psi (i dont know what that is in bar but i think its around 2.4 since 1 bar equals 14.5psi) and that runs on 93 octane. Meth/water injection will be instaled soon and thinking of making a custom meth/water cooler(like an oil cooler) for the extra cooling and to prevent detonation. What would i need fuel system wise to make 900-1000hp ( i have a magazine with a GTR in drag race mode they had it tuned to 36psi on race fuel and made 1100whp and 8sec times on street tires) I know the internals can withstand the power and its still a 2.6 getting a new 2.8 kit soon with a race preped head. SO does any one know what it would take to get 1000hp on pump gas? I own my own dyno but im not very good at tuning yet and i dont want to mess up. Thank you and i look forward to talking to all of you in the future

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
The most basic answer to your questions is an awful lot of money. Not sure but if you want to do it properly and make sure the engine is strong and the chassis is also capable of withstanding that amount of power you are looking at SERIOUS money.

Welcome to the forum by the way

·
Registered
172 Posts
SO does any one know what it would take to get 1000hp on pump gas?
not sure its possible. (i think)

the highest on pump fuel (97 ron) we're getting 793hp. with race fuel (116 ron) around 950hp. but again my country is damn hot. :flame:

if its possible it might have to be with a low compression ratio. but that gives u sleepy lags. unless you go with some serious NOS staging.

btw, what turbo and ecu youre using?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Isn't it the case that Octane levels are measured differently in the USA, we use the RON system but they use an average of the RON and MON measures.

I'm fairly sure that the US fuel with an Octane level of 93 would be broadly equivalent to something like V Power (or better) over here.

I'm sure someone can correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Welcome to the forum Nismo Treak.:smokin:

John is quite correct, lots of money. :chuckle:

If the RON ratings are the same, then I don't think you can get that kind of power from pump gas.:confused:

Best of luck anyway.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dont know the ecu but im running twin GTSS turbos which I already have purchased new ones. rated at 600hp each rather the 300ish. all im asking is, is it possible to do, like is the motor really that strong. I have some complete N1 engine new block heads pistons rods and crank. looking at my list of mods the owner sent me it says hks f-con which is a ecu

as for my STI it has a high performance everything. block head custom cams custom pistons rods crank, race preped head race fuel system meth/water injection the whole nine yards and the car spent over a total of 30 hours on a dyno

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i will post up pics when i learn how to and get my camera back from my friend. i have some pics of my sti saved on my computer from the ebay listing i got it from.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
The US does NOT use the RON rating system.

You guys use (RON+MON)/2. Your 93 octane is not the same as that in the UK or elsewhere.

93 US octane fuel should be fine to run high boost without any DET. I'm not sure what the equivalent RON rating is but it should be closer to around 98RON or 99RON.

·
Registered
467 Posts
If you don't have the high level RB26 expertise yourself or someone else who does have the knowledge and experience at your place and money isn't the issue I would:

1. Order a complete prepped engine with turbo(s) on it from one of the tuners here on the forum (Gtart, Abbey, RB Motorsports ...)
2. Get the right fuel delivery system (might as well order it with the engine)
3. Get it mapped on the dyno you already have by same tuner you bought the engine from.
4. Find a gearbox that can handel the power

GTSS turbo 600Bhp each? Oh well... never mind....

Welcome!

Henk
道の定規

1 - 12 of 12 Posts