GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

Well as subject goes, I am new to this forum.

I am a member of the mkivsupra.net forum, let the flaming begin... :flame: In about 6 months, I will be finished with my supra project car. Bought the car with a knackered engine have basically spent the last few months trying to get everything ready and sorted for the main engine build which is to be done at the end of Feb. More details if you want them... :chairshot

Well since that car is coming to a finish, I am looking for my next project!!! I have always wanted a Skyline, and personally have always loved the R33s. Then I saw a pic of a purple one in the latest issue of Banzai magazine (car of the year).... AWESOME!!!!

EDIT: Pic of the car... http://www.banzaimagazine.com/images/wallpapers/poster_1280.jpg

That has made my decision, I want to go for the R33.

I have found a sufficiently wrecked one, stolen car, no engine, no gearbox, no doors, no seats, etc. I am hoping get to get more info, details and pics tomorrow.

Where can I find out about costs for the engine, gearbox and so forth?

:D

Graham

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate! I do frequent the mkiv forum myself:flame: nice to see that you've seen the light though :p
99% of topics have been discussed time and time again so the search is v handy. what sort of set up will you be going for, road, track etc?

Any pics of the supe? Is it BPU or have you gone single/hybrids ?

BTW the purple 33 is the Bee-R car:smokin:

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
Hi Graham,

Welcome to the forum. You must of gone to JAE 2006 with the mkivsupra.net forum? Just love the Supra's very nice :smokin:

Everyones friendly here and will help out with any questions you may have.

Claire
(organiser of JAE ;) )

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum mate! I do frequent the mkiv forum myself:flame: nice to see that you've seen the light though :p
99% of topics have been discussed time and time again so the search is v handy. what sort of set up will you be going for, road, track etc?

Any pics of the supe? Is it BPU or have you gone single/hybrids ?

BTW the purple 33 is the Bee-R car:smokin:
Thanks!! Will definitely be doing a lot of searching! If I do ask a stupid question though, please excuse me.

Not necessarily seen the light, as I will be keeping the supra... The car has not been built yet... But once finished will have the following:

Hybrid turbos
4 core FMIC
264in/264ex cams
HKS Fuel System (HKS 680 injectors, HKS Fuel rail, HKS FPR, Walbro Fuel pump, braided lines)
LINK or APEXi ECU (still to decide)
exhaust
induction

uprated brakes (fast road pads, OEM discs, s/s braided lines, UK spec calipers)

suspension, diff, traction control and lauch control to come once the car is nicely run-in.

Interior wise, all standard seats are gone, sparcos being fitted with 4 point harnesses. No rear seats. Eaxterior, F1 style carbon side mirrors, carbon rear spoiler, rest is standard.

Have got some pics of it on that forum if you want the link.

As for the GTR, well I would like something that is some what between road and track. Decent amount of low down power, not too concerned with total power at the end of the day. More the traction and getting what power there is on the ground asap. Then handling...

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Graham,

Welcome to the forum. You must of gone to JAE 2006 with the mkivsupra.net forum? Just love the Supra's very nice :smokin:

Everyones friendly here and will help out with any questions you may have.

Claire
(organiser of JAE ;) )
Thanks!

Sadly no, I didnt go... As my supra had no interior and a knackered engine... but this year I will definitely be there!!!

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
R35 Section manager
11,259 Posts
Hi Graham,

I visit the Supra owners forum very often as the Mrs has one. Have to say your Supra looks fantastic!
I have a Gtr33, which is the best looking:bowdown1: , fastest:eek: and the the one to have:smokin: of the Gtr range.(Runs for cover!):chuckle: :lamer: :)

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
Nice one!!! supe and a gtr, best of both worlds (lucky b*st*rd:bowdown1: ), my cousin has just done a single conv My Modest Project Single Turbo Auto - rob wild’s Car goes like fappin stink ;-)

I have found a sufficiently wrecked one, stolen car, no engine, no gearbox, no doors, no seats, etc. I am hoping get to get more info, details and pics tomorrow.
With no engine are you going to build your own or buy in ready done? Lots of bits always in the for sale section so you shouldnt have much probs piecing (sp?) one together:smokin:

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Graham,

I visit the Supra owners forum very often as the Mrs has one. Have to say your Supra looks fantastic!
I have a Gtr33, which is the best looking:bowdown1: , fastest:eek: and the the one to have:smokin: of the Gtr range.(Runs for cover!):chuckle: :lamer: :)
Lucky wife!!

I have to agree about the R33!! Going to need something to hide behind shortly...

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice one!!! supe and a gtr, best of both worlds (lucky b*st*rd:bowdown1: ), my cousin has just done a single conv My Modest Project Single Turbo Auto - rob wild’s Car goes like fappin stink ;-)

With no engine are you going to build your own or buy in ready done? Lots of bits always in the for sale section so you shouldnt have much probs piecing (sp?) one together:smokin:
Cousins car looks pretty good!!

Well the plan is build it up slowly... I have spent about a year getting ready to finish off the supra, but its still not done. Will be looking at spending about 1 - 2 years building the GTR.

Ideally building it up over the time... Though since I am not mechanically minded its a [email protected]@RD!! So I will very rarely touch the engine, but willing to do most other things.

Really comes down to what is missing from the car... Which I should find out tomorrow... If its not the car for me, then I will spend some more time looking for the right one...

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
So is there any way of buying the bodykit or was it a one off for the car, i can't find it on the website.

Edit for spelling

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Why do you want that kit, your a schoolboy without a car or a licence :confused:
And just what has this guy done to upset you, your holiness?

Why do you feel the need to be plain nasty? how do you think it makes the kid feel to be belittled because of his age when he makes the effort to fit in here and conduct himself with maturity.

I see nothing in this thread that warrants that kind of response from you Steve.

Maybe the 'schoolboy' is trying to learn something, and maybe a more well thought out reply from someone with your knowledge would help him do just that.

:( :(

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok, so who is best person/people to speak to about an R33/R34 engine and appropriate gearbox?

As I need prices...

Where can I find out about the different stages of tuning for the Skylines? IE. the different levels of turbos, etc. Also need to find out some prices...

G

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Thanks Glen :D It was only a question. One day i will get older, and one day i will want to buy a skyline, and one day i will want to buy a bodykit...

·
Registered
694 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts