GTR Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Just saw this note at the bottom of Middlehurst's page about stage 1/2:

"IMPORTANT NOTICE
If your GT-R is still within its 3 Year/60,000 warranty period it is very important that you refer to Nissan’s Warranty Booklet and Maintenance Booklet Section 3 – THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT NISSAN GT-R PAN EUROPE WARRANTY. Detailed in Section 3.8.4 (WHAT IS NOT COVERED) it is specifically detailed that Nissan will not cover warranty repairs on modified vehicles. The risk and onus is upon you, the owner.
Regardless of what you will read on the internet or be told by many independents garages modifications cannot be hidden. Any attempt to hide/erase the modification or tamper with the VSDR system will likely result in repairs not being covered by Nissan Warranty.
Middlehurst Motorsport, under no circumstances, can ensure, promise or imply that a warranty claim will be honoured by Nissan in the event of a failure connected or unconnected when aftermarket products are used to increase the performance of your GT-R."

Not much room for interpretation there. Suppose the way to go is to get Litchfield's (or another independent) warranty if modifying the ecu.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Picked up the car yesterday and took it straight to Litchfield. Great service by Iain, they did a stage 1 with resonated y-pipe in an hour. I'm super happy with the results, the sound is improved a lot while still being easy to live with on the motorway. And the car is definitely faster, it reacts quicker and noticeably stronger. Hashlak, thanks for your advice -was very sound :)

·
Registered
644 Posts
:chuckle: Good to hear.. Im glad you went ahead and got the stage 1 along with Y-pipe.. Im sure you will agree with me now, that it is 100% worth it lol..

Its like a completely different car now no..? You will continue to be blown away as you drive it more in R-R-R mode and really open the taps :) Also the sound is just soooo much better :p

So what did you end up doing about the warranty..? did u get the litchfield warranty?

·
Registered
907 Posts
Enjoy I picked a MY11 last year and fitted a y-pipe as i couldn't resist as it was too quite. But be careful because now you have entered a slippery slope and thanks to this forum i have now booked it into sly's for a stage 4 with down pipes in 2weeks time :)

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
Picked up the car yesterday and took it straight to Litchfield. Great service by Iain, they did a stage 1 with resonated y-pipe in an hour. I'm super happy with the results, the sound is improved a lot while still being easy to live with on the motorway. :)
Good move Fred, that's the exact mod I had first. As the resonated pipe settles the tone will get deeper again, enjoy fella FYI it's probably making 590'ish bhp and a little over 550lbft torque, that's what mine came out around when I had it dyno'd at that stage

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
So what did you end up doing about the warranty..? did u get the litchfield warranty?
Nah, I skipped it. Think it's more than likely to not need any work and if it does it's unlikely to be super expensive, I'll use the money towards the work then... knock on wood

21 - 26 of 26 Posts