GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of getting a Skyline, second hand, and I'm not greatly rich, hell, some of the mods on here are more expensive than the car I've currently got.

Where are good places to look, what are the key things to look for or ask to prospective sellers?

Anyone know of a really cheap Skyline as an entry point into the market?

J.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tight 4R5E

Well, it'll not be alot sadly, I was thinking whatever I can get for my Laguna (probably around £800-£1000) plus another £2000, I know it's not alot, but I'm a bit strapped for cash at the moment

Basically, as cheap as possible bog standard Skyline that I can save up and change... After what Clarkson's mate Fat-Bloke said though, I'm not happy about buying an R32 near 60,000 miles :D

J.

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
You'd do far worse than reading Dan0hs column on the main site. He runs the Skyline dream on a budget but probably has more fun than the rest of us put together.

Cem

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ta

Cheers for that, it's proved most useful.

I'm not thinking of getting a Nissan Figaro, it looks more pokey with a better ability to put it's torque to the wheels :D :D :D

J.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
budget

i think with that buddget you wil be able to get a r32 with around 50k onit,when you do get one i can supply near new parts shipped from auz,anything you want to suit ur budget, with a little more money you can get a mint r32, i also import cars so ill keep an eye open 4u, eg ive got one myself and the turbo is going but you can get a standard one for aroud £200 but for a total of £6-8 hundered you can get a trust one.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jim Bowen

That's super, smashing, great... I'm hoping to get a big chunky Christmas bonus from the company too, so that'll help toward buying a bigger better one too.

I'm not looking for anything deadly, just something nice, comfy and preferably in black.

Mmmmm, a New Year Skyline... :D Whoot!

J.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
More Bully

T'riffic...

That would be very cool, thank you.

Although, I've posted this message to a different thread I'll just say that I may not be getting a Skyline at the moment, and not for the next three years, apparently because of my situation I'm uninsurable... Well so far, that's the reaction of Liverpool Victoria. A-Plan's gray import section are looking at the moment for me. £2000.... Grrrrrrrrr....

Well, the good news is that I've found insurance for £1100 TPFT which is nice. The hunt is back on! :D

Unhappy J.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts