GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just seen this for sale on flea bay, been looking for one for a while now

2009 Nissan R35 GTR GT-R Skyline Full Floor Penel | eBay

ive got a spare gtr engine, box ect and thinking of cutting this down then building a Nissan pulsar gtir fitted with the vr38 lump and married to possibly a 370z manual box, im gonna strip and rebuild the engine with H beam rods and forged pistons then run large turbos which should be around 1200bhp.
reckon the car would be lightning quick (possible 6 sec 1/4) and from the outside would look like a stock pulsar gtir

anyone on here a top welder who could cut this to size for me and re-weld to a very high standard, im not bad at welding but not to the standard needed to chop and weld a chassis back together

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Sounds like fun.

Done something similar myself years ago with a Mitsubishi Evo floor pan.

Done all the fabrication work myself and then sent away to the profession to strengthen and cage the shell.

Depending on the car you choose to use the floor pan in, things can get complicated very quickly, so best to have an educated plan instead of going in blind.

SVM are a good bet as they have experience with the Gtr, that being said there are many quality fabricators out there.....but all cost a pretty penny.

·
Registered
743 Posts
ermmm

sounds good idea but!!!
it would be far easier to build a space frame , incorparating the cage as well,and you could build to the right size to fit body , surely

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sounds good idea but!!!
it would be far easier to build a space frame , incorparating the cage as well,and you could build to the right size to fit body , surely

yes I previously considered this but that in itself holds even more problems and really isn't cost effective
would definitely be easier and cheaper to chop the gtr chassis and mount the pulsar body onto it.
that part of the fabrication I would need to farm out but the rest of it were more than capable of doing

does anyone know if the ecu on gtr controls the gearbox too or is that a seperate ecu? ive not looked into it

if so I could use engine harness and stock gtr ecu with a 370z box

1 - 4 of 4 Posts