GTR Forum banner

i'm with stupid !!

1K views 24 replies 16 participants last post by  GT-R Nutter 
#1 ·
Gents,

After driving around in a diesel whilst waiting for my GTR rear window to be repaired, and having it back today, I only go and put £25 worth of diesel ultimate in the car !!! :bawling:

luckily I just realised as I was about to turn the key !!!

Caused a big queue because people wanted to fill up as it was near closing, and to top it all off, was winched onto a flatbed where a group of chavs had front row tickets:chairshot with stupid Q's like, Wots the BHP mate ?, How fast have you taken it ?, how much did it cost ?

I'm gonna attempt to Syphon it out with my trusty garden hose into t he transit.

Any other thoughts ??

Cheers.

#6 ·
Remove and drain the tank, take the pump out and drain it as well. If you want to be sure then clear the lines from the engine as well, including the filter.

BP know about this problem and will pay for any draining/cleaning if you know how to approach them nicely.

There was a thread about this a month ago.

#8 ·
Draining and refilling will be fine. We had a guy in a Mr2 (non turbo) fill his car recently and he drove it for a half a tank! He brought it to us with knocking noises and smoke wafting out of the exhausts. The knocking was like det. He refilled it with petrol and all was good. He did drive it carefully when he saw the smoke so shouldnt have damaged the rings etc. IMO there is a bit of panic involved with the wrong fuels. Didnt top gear or similar swap the fuels in 2 cars and run them for a full tank (diesel on petrol and vise verser), then refilled with their proper fuels and all was good.

Tony

#10 ·
Why don`t they just have a simple voice recording on the Diesels pumps telling you this is a diesel pump etc. Anyone else remember the days when the person on the tills would scream into the tannoy that it was diesel if you went near it in a car?lol

#11 ·
my oppo did the reverse in our diesel ambulance, put £12 petrol worth into empty tank. as it hadn't been started we were told fill to brim and keep it topped up for a while and it will mix in no problem. know it can be worse trying to run a petrol on diesel, but if you didn't start it and drain tank the amount left will be so minimal, just keep topped up to be sure, imho...

#13 ·
I filled my missus petrol Mazda 323 up on Friday. After taking it out later in the day she arrived home in a panic saying the car was making a 'gurgling' noise and losing power, she asked me if I was sure I had put petrol and not diesel in it(my run about is diesel) Couldn't remember for sure so I rang my local garage and got ready to tow it down there. Then I noticed the front wheel FLAT AS A PANCAKE! AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH:flame:

Still at least I didn't have to fork out for a nasty garage bill:chuckle:

#16 ·
Guess that makes me the 'stupid' in the title... :chuckle:

It was a proper pain in the ass for me, anti syphon restrictor in filler hose won't let you syphon, well I couldn't get past it anyway. Ended up taking the top of the tank off and using a drill pump to pump the diesel out, new fuel filter and using 2 sets of plugs up before she ran OK (they won't clean up believe me) and that was on the day before TOTB. A mistake I shall never make again...

#24 ·
i did this to mine a few months back, mow you ave the most out, take plugs out , diconectt the fuel line to the rail, turn ignition until fuel runs out, then fill up tank with 98ron, plus fuel treatment runs a bit smokey till tank is cleard , after that should be ok, the fuel treat ment cleans the injectors out.

#25 ·
Just a quick word to say thanks for all your help.

I got 5 plugs from nissan and re-used one and now she's running :clap:

A little bit smokey, but hey at least she's running !!!

On another note i'm gonna write a letter to BP and complain in the most strongest possible terms, even though it was my fault :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.