GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Before i start im beginning to start looking at the best deal to buy a GTR, as per this thread:

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/122158-desperate-gtr-lol.html

As im still in the early stages i thought id get afew more questions noted down, which are:

Value for money, is the GTR worth the £60k-/+? and will it drop in price rapidly causing us to loose most of that when it comes to sale in afew years time? (exampe)

What car can match its performance/ability and/or cost? arch rival? i heard a new supra is in the making....iv heard STORYS of a noble being able to keep up and even the new focus rs?....cod shiiiiite?

Pro's and Cons?

Cheers

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yes its good value for money

Yes it will lose lots of money especially after the first year and when Sat Nav cars become avaliable

NOTHING comes close bar an Enzo etc especially with the Cobb:nervous:

·
Registered
634 Posts
In brief

Little box of magic that you can plug in and sort out the boost and fueling, timing and stuff and add extra bhp.

Look at the Cobb Access Port thread - everything you need to know.

Kp

·
Registered
765 Posts
Yes its good value for money

Yes it will lose lots of money especially after the first year and when Sat Nav cars become avaliable

NOTHING comes close bar an Enzo etc especially with the Cobb:nervous:
What is all this crap about sat nav cars. The only difference in price will be about half the cost of the sat nav itself. In three years time that sat nav will be virtually obsolete because GPRS and voice activation technolgy will have improved no end. Look at any 5 to 7 year old car with sat nav. They are archaic with no post code entry and crap graphics. In years to come the sat nav cars will be less desirable unless you pay Nissan a fortune to upgrade it and that means you are better off with a latest technology unit installed in the car. It also can be used in all your other cars.

The Nissan sat nav is very average anyway.

How can anyone guess at resale values?.

·
Registered
225 Posts
mate on any car you buy sat nav is more desirable if you go through the classifieds any cars advertised that have sat nav is high lighted straight away whether its a skoda or ferrari.Im defo holding out for sat nav version,and im sure just like bmw you can always keep updating the software as newer updates com out

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
can't see the purpose of sat nav in this car

generally I take the longest possible route to maximise enjoyment:chuckle: ..... and most of my journeys are just blatts anyway

·
Registered
174 Posts
mate on any car you buy sat nav is more desirable if you go through the classifieds any cars advertised that have sat nav is high lighted straight away whether its a skoda or ferrari.Im defo holding out for sat nav version,and im sure just like bmw you can always keep updating the software as newer updates com out
Who gives a toss about sat nav. Most people drive the same 20-40 mile route every day. No way is it worth the extra Nissan want to charge. And I can not believe it affects the price of a used Ferrai if it does or does not have Sat Nav. Certainly by no more than what it cost in the first place...

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
"Cars owned: R35 GTR V-Spec"

wtf? :chuckle:

·
Registered
690 Posts
Who gives a toss about sat nav. Most people drive the same 20-40 mile route every day. No way is it worth the extra Nissan want to charge. And I can not believe it affects the price of a used Ferrai if it does or does not have Sat Nav. Certainly by no more than what it cost in the first place...
I cant imagine anyone sticking a tom tom to the window of a Ferrari! Ask any dealer if he has a choice of 2 cars which one he would sell quicker. I know the manufacturer systems are poor, but I wouldnt spend £50K plus on any car that didnt have sat nav.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I cant imagine anyone sticking a tom tom to the window of a Ferrari! Ask any dealer if he has a choice of 2 cars which one he would sell quicker. I know the manufacturer systems are poor, but I wouldnt spend £50K plus on any car that didnt have sat nav.
Well don't then. How often do you actually use it?. This car is not a rep mobile and is used primarily (in most cases) as a toy.
Nissan charging £1900 for it is an absolute joke. You have been had. I can't wait to see the sat nav models just a few quid dearer than the non sat nav.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I used a Tom Tom in my Scuderia plenty of times! I might be different but I don't really care about Sat Nav in these kind of cars, more about price....

·
Registered
690 Posts
I used a Tom Tom in my Scuderia plenty of times! I might be different but I don't really care about Sat Nav in these kind of cars, more about price....
Price? Since when did new Ferrari owners worry about price?! I cant imagine spending £140K plus on a car and then driving it down to Halfords to get a £150 quid bit of plastic and 4 suction cups!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Price? Since when did new Ferrari owners worry about price?! I cant imagine spending £140K plus on a car and then driving it down to Halfords to get a £150 quid bit of plastic and 4 suction cups!
As in, when I finally figure out a way to buy a GTR for export to Gibraltar, I will be focussing more on the price, than whether the car has Sat Nav. If a non Sat Nav car is 3k cheaper than a Sat Nav one I would go for the non sat one. As I said, maybe I am different but I don't really care about Sat Navs in these kind of cars, I focus more on the price.

·
Registered
690 Posts
As in, when I finally figure out a way to buy a GTR for export to Gibraltar, I will be focussing more on the price, than whether the car has Sat Nav. If a non Sat Nav car is 3k cheaper than a Sat Nav one I would go for the non sat one. As I said, maybe I am different but I don't really care about Sat Navs in these kind of cars, I focus more on the price.
Marky1... Ive just noticed where you live. Sat Nav is probably not so much of an issue! :) You've only got 7KM squared of roads to remember! It's all personal choice but a lot of buyers have been prepared to wait 18Months for a Nav car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah very true! Do drive mostly in Spain though. Waiting 18 months for a Sat Nav, wow, did they hear of the A-Z lol
Just find it hard to understand with such a great car, why someone would wait 18 months for a Sat Nav, I bet 90% of them won't even use it!:chuckle: Each to their own though.

·
Registered
765 Posts
How do you know that all Ferrari owners are spending loose change on their car?. I bet there's a lot who finance their cars simply because they love them.

It's one or two suction cups :smokin:

·
Registered
690 Posts
How do you know that all Ferrari owners are spending loose change on their car?. I bet there's a lot who finance their cars simply because they love them.

It's one or two suction cups :smokin:
Surely 4 with all that BHP! ;-) I just cant see the logic of having a screen that will tell me how much g force i'm pulling but cant direct me to the nearest petrol station!

·
Registered
760 Posts
I suspect that, if Nissan had done the sensible thing and offered sat nav with the first UK cars, most of us would have coughed up for it. However, the fact that they didn't (for whatever reason) hasn't stopped lots of us from taking the plunge rather than waiting for the nav cars.

I was a bit concerned about buying a non-nav car after having nav in my RS4, but couldn't face waiting for a nav car sow ent ahead. And guess what? I bought a Tom-tom 740 live and have used it about once in 3 weeks. Truth is that most people don't use nav half as often as they think they do. Also, the 740 is streets ahead of the Audi's nav system for a fraction of the cost. It also of course gives you the speed camera facility that is sadly lacking on most (all?) OEM nav systems.

So. I for one am glad I went ahead. Car is awesome (makes the RS4 feel slow and sloppy), kids fit in the back fine and I plug in the TomTom when I get lost.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts