GTR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

Just wondering what implications there would be in importing a car from Europe.

Thanks to a very kind member on here, who has out me onto the car, and been very helpful and forwarding with info. ( what the board should always be about )

I'm interested in buying an R34 GTR, the car was 1st registered in the UK for the sole purpose of being exported to Europe, that was years ago.

If I wanted to bring it back, would I need to pay import tax, vat and what ever else there is?

Any light on the subject would be helpful.
I'm planning on securing a deal this week.

Don't know if I should drive it back, which is my preferred method or have it shipped?

Thanks in advance.

·
Vendor
3,505 Posts
no , if duty has already been paid then there should only be mot and re registration.

I had my eye on this also mate but the buyer on my car has let me down .

go for it mate, its a very good deal

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi

I imported Ronni Neilsen's R33 earlier this year from Denmark. It had previously been registered by Jurgen at jm in 2008 in the UK. There was no problem with the NOVA form which I filled in and I didn't have to pay any duty. I got Ron from RK to pick it up at Harwich and he arranged registration and MOT.

Not cheap or quick but I now own my ideal GTR so I would do it again

·
Registered
161 Posts
Personally I would arrange the necessary number plates, fly there and drive it back stopping at the best european circuits along the way. That would be a good test of the car, assuming it is in good condition. If something goes wrong within the first 15 minutes, at least you can go back to the seller immediately.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I don't think that you can get a registration number without registering the car first. For that you'll need the MOT and clearance from the Inland Revenue and Customs after the NOVA form. There doesn't seem to be any short cut that I could find anyway

1 - 8 of 8 Posts