GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After long searches through the web and talking to many a mentally handicapped US customs worker (as soon as I said sports car) quote "from where?"(Japan) "Im not shure about that hold please FOREVER!!! end quote,
This is all I got out of who I got ahold of and Im just waiting for my long distence bill,so thanks again 99GSR for leading me in the right direction I
actually got somone that directed me to a person that imports Skyline's in GA,
its costly though(to do it yourself) and if the car is brought to the US whole (in one piece) customs will siez it or crush it at the point of entry so its better to send the tranny in one crate and the car in another and it comes in as "car parts" so if you are looking to do this
what you are looking at is
1.40ft container for the car (JPN 560,240.51) or ($4800.00 US)
2.20ft container for the tranny (JPN 326,719.32) or ($2800.00 US)
3.cost of the car say (JPN 1,167.210) or ($10,000.00 US)
4.Duty tax is 2.5%
5.customs paperwork US $650.00
(note):there is a way to save on that big over seas shipping,you can always see if you can piggyback on someone elses shipment like a import dealer

but Id wrather get one thats already in the states like alabama or georgia or any other that sells them and from what I was told you can get it registered titled and tagged as well as inshured in the US. just dont EVEN try it in NY or CA cuz it wont happen!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
stealth said:
So you getting one ? Cant see what your post is trying to say :confused:
Yup sertainly am getting one but Im just waiting a week or so for my settlement to come in,I may wait a little whie longer my plan is currently to become a car dealer but not stuff u see on the lot ,at auction you can get a 95'-00' honda civic or an accord for around $800.00-$1,500 US if no one really wants it then paint it put some wheels and shiney stuff on it and jack the price up to $5,500 $6,000 a real good one $10,000US and put up sale sighns near high schools and collages and adertise in the papper then once I get double or triple my $$ wich should'nt take long about 8 mos or less I will be grabbing one and then Im going to start importing and start selling higher end 4-wheel rockets lol its all about the $green$ then im going to get my girl a GTS-T auto and the post from before was info for people wanting to know about importing mainly a summery so no one has to go through what I went through getting the info :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts