GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,863 Posts
Hissssssssss lol long live Godzilla!

I launched mine 100 times yesterday, between 9 and 5 , lapped it up.

·
Premium Member
5,863 Posts
Very strong piece of kit :bowdown1:
R35s. Do the same all day long, have you ever heard of a gtr broken from lauches? At the sprints etc? Nope

·
Registered
143 Posts
Say hello to German engineering at its best!

The gtr was marked as a turbo beater. Looks like that gave Porsche the kick up the backside it needed. Sure the gtr still represents amazing performance and value for money but in pure performance terms I can't help but feel that the gtr has some egg on its face!

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
It took 6 long years for the Porsche to catch up...

R36 will be quicker and better... Within three years..

That's not egg in the face it just makes the GT-R a yardstick...

All hail the GT-R...!

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
R35s. Do the same all day long, have you ever heard of a gtr broken from lauches? At the sprints etc? Nope
Chronos fella, think you are looking at things through rose tinted glasses geez :chuckle: for a start the GTR won't let you do that many launches in a row as it will state the gearbox fluid etc is to hot!! Don't get me wrong, I love the GTR thus why I left porker and have owned an R35 for over two years. However, the turbo is a strong, very fast piece of kit straight out of the box. Money aside, it's impressive.

·
Registered
992 Posts
I was looking at the 911 before my gtr but as nice as it is anyone can have a Porsche, thousands around and not great for a family car ;) I love the performance and boot size of my gtr fits the pushchair in perfectly ;)

If money was no option then the new 911 would be in my toy collection but I still prefer the classic 80's 911

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This wasn't to bring down the gtr but to show the engineering achievement porsche have made. I've not launched my gtr but I understood it only allowed 4 consecutive launches before cooling itself down.

·
Premium Member
1,950 Posts
Yep, as an engineering achievement, that is great. I do recall many years ago witnessing an Audi ur quattro at GTI international getting under 3s, (full track spec and alot of blood n sweat) and thought that was an amazing achievement. Now we have stock cars hitting under 3s out of the factory. :)

Can't wait to see what the next R36 will be like :)

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
It's clear to see that everyone has caught up and some have surpassed the R35. I'm not brand blinkered like some people. GTR is still half the price mind.

Not launched the MY14 yet as I'm still running it in, but I was told 3 launches in a 24 hour period is the limit if I want to keep my warranty

·
Registered
143 Posts
It's clear to see that everyone has caught up and some have surpassed the R35. I'm not brand blinkered like some people. GTR is still half the price mind.

Not launched the MY14 yet as I'm still running it in, but I was told 3 launches in a 24 hour period is the limit if I want to keep my warranty
Yeah it's the price of the gtr that makes it a superhero. Just wish Nissan wouldn't exaggerate the 0-60 & ring times as it distracts from the kudos.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Is the 911 Turbo S not 145K before you throw a few options at it? Sorry but that kind of money opens up a whole world of cars that I would rather have than a 911.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Is the 911 Turbo S not 145K before you throw a few options at it? Sorry but that kind of money opens up a whole world of cars that I would rather have than a 911.
Certainly i agree. Im guessing the PDK gearbox is the real star of the show though. The Carrera and GT3 models all have launch too i believe.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Yeah the new pdk box is very sweet mate. Perhaps not as organic feeling as the GT-R but very quick and from I have seen able to take an absolute battering. You pays your money, you takes your choice, lol.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts