GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, first post here.

I was wondering what kind of improvements in MPG would be seen if you could significantly reduce the horse power (e.g. to 250 BHP). This could be useful when just doing shopping runs or general town driving. I know that some other super cars have this option.

How easy would it be to implement this modification on the R35, and what form would it take (e.g pressing a switch vs selecting via the onboard computer)?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
buy a flippin diesel fiesta.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
had a diesel fiesta for a couple of days.....bloody amazing thing, as much as I thrashed the shit out of it it still did 70mpg....bloody amazing!

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
had a diesel fiesta for a couple of days.....bloody amazing thing, as much as I thrashed the shit out of it it still did 70mpg....bloody amazing!
:chuckle:

·
Registered
358 Posts
... I hear the R36 hybrid system will be rather thrifty… ;-)

·
Registered
690 Posts
Hi Modeus.

Welcome. Now stop being silly! :) Nissan have spent millions making it go fast...and you'll spend £60K and want it to go slower!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
buy a Cobb AP and then download the valet mode map, that should do the trick.
Thanks mate - sounds like the geniuses out there have already thought of this idea.

Hi Modeus.
Welcome. Now stop being silly! :) Nissan have spent millions making it go fast...and you'll spend £60K and want it to go slower!
Thanks for the welcome.

My idea is simply that if I do a lot of driving in 30mph zones, I'd rather have better fuel consumption than extra HP that's not going to be used. :)

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Just use auto mode and be gentle with your right foot.

Economy maps just do what you can do yourself - limit revs, throttle, boost.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts