GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is such a thing as aftermarket in car adjustable suspension ????

Ala Ferrari F355, Lamborghini Diablo ?????

The 355 I've been in had a few settings and they took like 4-5 seconds to effect once you dialed it in.

The Lambo was adjustable for height as well so you could raise it for speed bumps etc.

I assume someone must make it..............any ideas ???

Looking to replace my current Blitz setup.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Tein do

Tein sell an electronic module to fit inside the car that allows you to adjust the susension from inside the car. It uses solenoids on top of the suspension mounts and is called the Electronic Damping Force Controller.

Click here for more info (Babelfish translation).

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Simon, but I assume that's only damping adjustability, not ride height ??????

I assume the system you've put up can only be used with their suspension ????

Thanks for the prompt reply though........that's what I love about this board ............useful intelligent info.. !!!!:D

·
Premium Member
5,935 Posts
What about air?

I'm certain that you can get a air suspension system that will raise and lower the ride height from inside the car - I have no idea however what the reide quality is like.

Simon

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
I think you'll have to check out one of those USA low-cruise websites for the best solution.

Maybe Customer Car mgazine would be abl to help?

·
Registered
961 Posts
the bluebird turbo had susspension adjustments on it

soft medium and hard!
!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I understand that it will change camber etc etc, it was just that my car can sometimes be a hassle with speedbumps etc and multi level carparks are just not possible.

I was just trying to make sure that if I'm going to redo my suspension that I try to fix all the things that could be better.

It would only be for raising the car when going into any of those area's described about, not tracks or anything like that.

I think I've settled on the Tein HA shock set with the whole lot, pillow ball ends etc and of course the EDFC fitment also.

Anyone familiar with the Tein HA shock for road use and the odd track day ??

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
canman said:
I understand that it will change camber etc etc, it was just that my car can sometimes be a hassle with speedbumps etc and multi level carparks are just not possible.

I was just trying to make sure that if I'm going to redo my suspension that I try to fix all the things that could be better.

It would only be for raising the car when going into any of those area's described about, not tracks or anything like that.

I think I've settled on the Tein HA shock set with the whole lot, pillow ball ends etc and of course the EDFC fitment also.

Anyone familiar with the Tein HA shock for road use and the odd track day ??
If I am not mistaking, the EDFC will lonly work with the TEIN FLEX.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm assuming that you have heard the same as I've heard from others.

It seems alot of people have heard it only works with Flex, but on tein.com under EDFC section there's a fitment list.

Here it shows EDFC available on HA, RE and RA shocks which are all made for 99+ BNR34 GTR.

I'm looking at the HA Type, anyone had any experience with HA type ???????????

Fraser

1 - 12 of 12 Posts