GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've spent the whole weekend keeping out of the sun - me and the sun don't mix.

So in my boredom i thought i'd post a piccy.....

Yeah - it is just a bigger version of my avatar :D

Cheers,
Daz

·
Registered
171 Posts
hey daz, wen u cut out the front bumper bit, did u need to smooth it off or sand it down sort of thing?
and how did u get the mesh fixed in place?

ryan

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No smoothing or anything required. Just cut all the slats away from the bumper and then followed the slight ridge around the "mouth" with a VERY thin bladed jigsaw.

To hold the mesh in place industrial strength hot glue was used. Normal hot glue isn't enough - as i found out when bits broke away on the original mesh. This has LOADS of industrial strength glue on it. When i had the bumper off last weekend we checked the mesh and it's held on as strongly now as it was when it was first done a year and a half ago.

Cheers,
Daz

·
Registered
171 Posts
hey lookin at ur website, wot Dump Valve have u got?
and ur numberplate, it was done by Abbey? do u have a special plate as in H6 GTR sort of thing or is it a normal one?

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My plate is a standard one, no GTR letters or anything of that type. Abbey did indeed make it up for me when they relocated it to the side having installed my front mount for me (looks much better there in my opinion).

I have no idea what dump valve is in the car ! I used to have a bailey EVO psiton one, but I damaged it somehow because Mark noticed it wasn't releasing pressure properly - and ALWAYS fluttered the pressure out instead of giving a single burst (at higher revs).

Anyway, he was able to provide me with a replacement - although i don't know what it is. All i know is that it is bloody huge and bloody loud ! :D (which i don't mind at all).

Cheers,
Daz

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you mean the plate - i've never been pulled over for it - and it's been like that for a year and a half.

I've seen ALOT smaller than mine around.

Daz

·
Registered
171 Posts
is that yes it is illegal but i neva been pulled over for it?
ur engine bay has had a lot done to it since Trax 2001!! it looks SWEET, i wud eat off it.

Ryan
p.s where did u get ur mesh from?

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
One would have to presume it is legal if i have not been pulled...

The mesh came from B&Q. Aluminium NOT mild steel. The mild steel ones i tried before rusted through very badly - even with LOTS of primer, paint and laquor.

Thanks for the comments on the engine bay. :)

Daz

·
Registered
171 Posts
is that oil cooler on top of the engine the black cooler?
did u need to apply primer or have to paint the mesh that u hav on ur car now?

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is a geniune NISMO oil cooler on top of the engine yeah, never seen another one the same (which is always nice)

The mesh was laquored before it went on (no painting or anything required as it's aluminium).

Daz

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That was quite some time ago - i think it was circa 380 quid. Had a local garage do it for me - for about 20 quid !

Daz

·
Registered
171 Posts
do u know whether it is possible to get hold of the back bit, like just the bit which replaces the original backbox

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There were a couple of people who managed to get just the rear section - and these came with a silencer.

I'm afraid i don't know where they get them from. I'm sure the tuners would be able to help you out.

Daz

·
Registered
171 Posts
alrite m8, cheers for all the help, if i need anymore help i will come to u first as u seem to have ur hand on things for the R, if u are wonderin, this is all for my sister's boyfriends GTI-R.

Cheers for all the help,

Ryan

1 - 16 of 16 Posts