GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
everyone will suggest there own tuner tbh, but for that kind of project id call every tuner personally and listen to what they say.

to list a few

RK tuning
RB motorsport
Abbey motorsport
TR racing

the list goes on, but dont just listen to a good salesman, but id listen more to the tuners with the most experience and best track record.

personally id go for Ron at RK but thats cos he's the tuner ive always used:cool:

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,207 Posts
Hello

You guys probably know what shop in UK are the best one to build GT-R engine?

plans are to build 1500HP R32 GT-R

Thanks
Go on - why are you planning to build a 1500bhp R32? Some sort of drag racing record?

·
Registered
125 Posts
1500HP R32, hope you have deep pockets..

Any of the above ones should be good, I have delt with RB motorsport, RK tuning and Abbey and nothing but good things to say about them, TR I have not delt with but people seem to be happy with him.

My choice was none of the above but I dont live in the UK either then..

·
Registered
643 Posts
Would only use TR racing for the task,

They are currently building me a 1250bhp 2.7L with Garret 3542s, full headwork, dry sump, 11k rev limit, massive fuel system, Sequential gearbox...etc

Get in contact with them to see what they can do for you, trust me you won’t be disappointed!

www.trracing.co.uk

Oz

·
Following EJH#25
6,843 Posts
RK tuning
RB motorsport
Abbey motorsport
TR racing
My advice would be to talk to all of them with your needs.
One things speaks volumes, go for a tuner who's actually managed to build a 1500bhp engine already, to my knowledge not many in the UK have managed it, perhaps only even 1 or 2 off the list above at most...

·
Registered
158 Posts
My advice would be to talk to all of them with your needs.
One things speaks volumes, go for a tuner who's actually managed to build a 1500bhp engine already, to my knowledge not many in the UK have managed it, perhaps only even 1 or 2 off the list above at most...
Tr are the dogs dooda's and fact is if you go to the jap show this weekend you will see for yourself there monster r32 if i remember right running quite a bit over 1500bhp ;-)

·
Registered
798 Posts
to list a few

RK tuning
RB motorsport
Abbey motorsport
TR racing

Any one of these would be well up to the job and have all built and raced 1000bhp+ skylines

Rk tuning:Rons old red 32
RB motorsport:keith cowies monster
Abbey:Rocket ronnies legendary R33
TR Racing:Robs current crazy R32

to name a few

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
"In the UK best place to build engine?"

I'd say the South East; nice weather, although can be a bit crowded.

Some may say that as engine building is best done indoors the weather shouldn't matter, but it's always nice to have natural light etc. :chuckle:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts