GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone kindly decided to write HI on the bonnet of my gtr with a key.
as you can imagine im not best impressed.
Just so angry that we work so hard to enjoy the things we like and someone then finds it funny to vandalise it.
sorry pics not brilliant but you get the idea. Ive managed to t cut out the horizontal lines but the vertical lines where they got there weight behind it has gone right down to the alloy grrrr
:mad::mad:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Sorry to hear this. Matty is right; regrettably there are some right mindless fools out there that have the capacity to bring into our lives needless misery.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Someone did something similar to the bonnet of my BMW - except bigger. Sometimes chips away can sort things like that out without resorting to respraying the entire bonnet. Can't understand why people do this... not sure if I'd want to catch someone doing this to my car though, I doubt they'd ever be able to use their hands again.

·
Vendor
3,505 Posts
that is just sad, WHY would anyone wanna do this?

this is exactly the reason I hesitate taking any nice cars anywhere where I have to leave them unattended.

·
Premium Member
2,862 Posts
Vandals are cowards, usually... Sorry for your experience here.

I once caught a guy who'd been spitting on my daily driver's (Mugen tuned CRX SiR coupe) windscreen almost every day... (About 15 years ago).
I'd bought the CR-X because someone had put a full length scratch along the side of my then 5 year old mint R33 GT-R and so I wanted something I didn't care about so much, to get about in.

I actually had the intention of having a calm and polite conversation when I did catch the perpetrator (I set a trap by washing the CR-X the night before and sitting behind the wall reading a book in hiding) over a cup of tea.

Unfortunately when I heard his throat clearing, I absolutely lost it. He got such a strong headlock his teeth bled and whilst he tried to resist being pulled to my house his trousers got ripped. Whilst I was dragging him along he said, "I didn't scratch your Skyline!", which really wasn't smart - as I hadn't asked him about that at all.

When he realised I was trying to get him inside the house he began screaming... Must've thought I was going to cut him into little pieces, so I pinned him down to ask him some more questions.

It was only a few minutes later I realised he was my neighbour...
Had his wife not politely asked me to please get off her husband, he'd have been licking the phlegm clean off the windscreen soon afterwards. Instead, he had to go inside, get a towel and clean it off, on her request.
Turned out he'd been doing it to try & dissuade me from parking there and was the person who'd scratched the car too. They were scared I was going to do something to their car, but I didn't. I was actually just about to move house anyway, so I left them to it. I was glad I didn't leave a mark on him.

In a situation a coward like that gets caught, he might end up paying for all the other times others got away with acts of vandalism, etc. Be careful if you do catch someone though. You might end up doing something you'd regret so be mindful of that.

There's a possibility whoever it was will be back if this was done outside your house. You may want to rig up a camera on the dash, etc. One of those used to record driving, etc. ?

·
Premium Member
3,883 Posts
Some scumbag threw a beer glass out of a moving car at my 525d touring 3 weeks ago. Was parked overnight on the road outside the house when it's normally on the drive. l
Looks like it was hit with a shotgun full of broken glass on the C pillar. Even bits stuck in the rear window glass and the drivers mirror glass broken as well.
Leaves you feeling very very angry. Especially the fact the chances of finding them are zero.

2 hours with a touch up and at least there is no bare metal showing.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Vandals are cowards, usually... Sorry for your experience here.

I once caught a guy who'd been spitting on my daily driver's (Mugen tuned CRX SiR coupe) windscreen almost every day... (About 15 years ago).
I'd bought the CR-X because someone had put a full length scratch along the side of my then 5 year old mint R33 GT-R and so I wanted something I didn't care about so much, to get about in.

I actually had the intention of having a calm and polite conversation when I did catch the perpetrator (I set a trap by washing the CR-X the night before and sitting behind the wall reading a book in hiding) over a cup of tea.

Unfortunately when I heard his throat clearing, I absolutely lost it. He got such a strong headlock his teeth bled and whilst he tried to resist being pulled to my house his trousers got ripped. Whilst I was dragging him along he said, "I didn't scratch your Skyline!", which really wasn't smart - as I hadn't asked him about that at all.

When he realised I was trying to get him inside the house he began screaming... Must've thought I was going to cut him into little pieces, so I pinned him down to ask him some more questions.

It was only a few minutes later I realised he was my neighbour...
Had his wife not politely asked me to please get off her husband, he'd have been licking the phlegm clean off the windscreen soon afterwards. Instead, he had to go inside, get a towel and clean it off, on her request.
Turned out he'd been doing it to try & dissuade me from parking there and was the person who'd scratched the car too. They were scared I was going to do something to their car, but I didn't. I was actually just about to move house anyway, so I left them to it. I was glad I didn't leave a mark on him.

In a situation a coward like that gets caught, he might end up paying for all the other times others got away with acts of vandalism, etc. Be careful if you do catch someone though. You might end up doing something you'd regret so be mindful of that.

There's a possibility whoever it was will be back if this was done outside your house. You may want to rig up a camera on the dash, etc. One of those used to record driving, etc. ?
Should have burnt his balls

·
Registered
720 Posts
i had my 34 kicked in on the swage line at the rear of the car,and looked like they had hit the front wing with a ball hammer,they had nearly gone through the wing,this was definitely someone i didn't know as it was in bluewater outside john lewis,i couldn't believe my eyes when i saw the damage they had done,and for what i work hard for my money,I'm just a regular bloke but i would say I'm very glad i didn't see who had done the damage,as i would have seriously gone over the top on him,seeing as I've done a lot of boxing in my early years, i consider he's had a lucky escape and probably so have i,but i do feel for you buddy.

simon

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
Why would someone scratch "hi" onto a car................

.....................what ever happened to the good old c0ck and balls

·
Registered
969 Posts
sorry to hear this man

Why would someone scratch "hi" onto a car................

.....................what ever happened to the good old c0ck and balls
seeing as where it was scratched it looks like an immature joke by a bunch of lads,
himine's (hymen's)

·
Registered
9,657 Posts
i had my 34 kicked in on the swage line at the rear of the car,and looked like they had hit the front wing with a ball hammer,they had nearly gone through the wing,this was definitely someone i didn't know as it was in bluewater outside john lewis,i couldn't believe my eyes when i saw the damage they had done,and for what i work hard for my money,I'm just a regular bloke but i would say I'm very glad i didn't see who had done the damage,as i would have seriously gone over the top on him,seeing as I've done a lot of boxing in my early years, i consider he's had a lucky escape and probably so have i,but i do feel for you buddy.

simon
Just after my former R33 was DO-LUCKED I left it in the car park at Bluewater on a Bank Holiday Monday to go to the cinema. When I came back to come the tyres were let down, windscreen wiper blades removed and it was tagged all over with lip-liner or something !!! Compared to you and other tales I was lucky, but then I found out the little to no CCTV outside of Bluewater as well as two security guards on nightshift for 70 acres !!!

Never leave a nice car unattended at Bluewater is my morale!

Feel for you though Pete as we all do :mad:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Sucks man, someone decided to write C8nt on my R32 spoiler and all work van the other week. Fortunately I managed to get most of mine out with wet and dry and cutting compound. Only ownered it a week :/

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Is this thread a joke, as I am not seeing anything resembling 'hi'! Looks more like 'mines' to me!

Someone kindly decided to write HI on the bonnet of my gtr with a key.
as you can imagine im not best impressed.
Just so angry that we work so hard to enjoy the things we like and someone then finds it funny to vandalise it.
sorry pics not brilliant but you get the idea. Ive managed to t cut out the horizontal lines but the vertical lines where they got there weight behind it has gone right down to the alloy grrrr
:mad::mad:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Okay, just zoomed in on the bonnet and now I can seen very faint scratches!
Yes fortunately you have to really look to see them, have managed to get some of it out with tcut and polish and filled the rest with touch up paint, as its gone through to the metal.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts