GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
31,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok

Finally got my oil cooler fitted behind where the drivers side indicator was. now theres not enough room for the indicator, so we moved them to the sidelight position.

i'm intending to fit mesh across the holes left by the indicator grilles, but thought i could make some tiny sidelights using led's. but is there a minimum requirement for them? i.e. location or brigtness??

anyone else done this? got any pics?

ta

mook

·
Registered
159 Posts
Funny that, on the pics of my car, due Tuesday, the indicators have been moved into the sidelights to allow previous owner in Japan to run a cold air feed hose to the induction intakes. I was planning on doing the same thing with the mesh and and some sort of l.e.d. Let me know how you get on with the mod and take pics if you can.:thumbsup:

MidNite:cool:

·
Administrator
31,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
will do mate

I've got some mesh taken from a GTR bumper, so will use that.

i'll pic the car up monday and sort the pics for you

mook

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
You have to be able to see the indicators from the side of the vehicle. If the wrap around standard ones are not fitted you will need a repeater on the side of the wing, or the door mirror as Mercs have.

·
Administrator
31,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its a 33, so have side repeaters :clap:

unless you meant sidelights have to be visible from the side?

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
No just indicators, I thought of getting some R32GTR wings and welding up the indicator hole and moving the indicator to the headlamp or lower spoiler.Then putting a side repeater in the door mirror.I Would like to be able to photo shop a R32 GTR image of the mod first if only I knew how:lamer:

·
Administrator
31,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol,

my friend did this simple "shop" for me :)

although i do wonder how "orange" the "sidelights" will now look

mook

·
Registered
159 Posts
Thanks Mook, I will also post pics of my car when I pick it up. It does have an orange look to the indicators in the sidelight although I don't know if it is just colouring on the glass or the bulb inside.

MidNite :cool:

·
Administrator
31,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sev,
Judging by Ron at RK's swearing, it was a bitch to fit. Hence moving the indicators!!! Even so, Ive made up my mesh covers for the indicator holes, and have got to fit me good bumper when it comes back from Ron's, so i'll take plently of pictures

mook

·
Administrator
31,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bit of an update before the pics.

I had tried to refit my splitter/arch liner, but found the cooler to be mounted too low.

so, last night with the help of my brother, we made some new brackets and raised it by 2 inches, so it is now clear of the brake duct :cool:

The side effect of this is that I can now refit my SSQV's!!!! YAY!!! (says the missus ;) )

In retrospect, fitting the cooler is relativly easy, so long as you are confident with the wet side of the installation.

pics to follow, but i'm coolered up, and back dumping like a chav child :lamer:

mook

·
Administrator
31,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok,

got my pics, but can't forgot to resize em and can't get back online to upload again....

hope they help

Mook

·
Registered
159 Posts
Mook, I can't believe your car is the same colour as mine, Midnight Purple is the dogs *******, like what you've done to yours looks cool, like the way you've got that mesh sorted out as well. Will be starting to do some stuff to mine soon.

·
Administrator
31,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I prefer it without the indicators now

look Mean as ****!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Mook your car is nearly a clone of mine, we both have BBS LM alloys but mine are gold centres, and your right it does look mean. I want to post some pics but dont know how on this forum, give us a clue mate.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts