Votes: 0 0.0%
  • i actually enjoy washing and re-stickyfying them every 12 minutes

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
honest opinions on hks mushroom induction kits please.

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
They do a crap job of filtering air and are far too small.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i've heard the apexi kits are really good. also the blitz stainless. both these kits are dry filters so you have the added bonus of not getting filter oil/polymer all over the air flow meters.:clap:

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
Try good old K&N. Superb filtering and if you get the correct size filters, there is no loss of power.

·
Registered
269 Posts
If the HKS Super Power Flow's are so shat then home come a lot of the top tuned skylines use them?
I'm not saying all use them but I have seen a good few with these filters. Not just on skylines either. Agreed they may not filter as much as say Apexi but surely the airflow is huge? I'm sure Sumo Powers R34 was running about 850-900 bhp with these filters?

They do the job perfectly for me, I'm just at stage 1 mods so apparent 'restricted airfolw' shouldn't be a problem..

Hey ho...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the hks kits are popular but does that make them any good?

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
HKS super flow is great, the only way to flow that much air through them is to have it not filter so well. Think about it. You much as well put a fishnet stocking over the AFM's.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey, lord of the flies, you are so very very wrong.

·
Registered
25,946 Posts
HKS filtere are "ok" IF and a big IF you keep the foams fresh and constantly changing them to keep them in good condition - bit like the Trust filters

apexis are very good, sus's are ok too

m's factory ones are just cotton gauze k&ns

Daddy of all the induction kits are the ARC's...........which i run on my GT-R

·
Registered
11 Posts
i read a review in a magazine a while back where they tested most of the top brand induction kits for the skyline. the hks,apexi and blitz sus kits all had pretty much the same bhp gain over the standard airbox. as far as filtration was concerned the apexi kit came out on top and the blitz stainless was a close second, both did a fairly good job of filtering out the testers "soot". the hks kit was rated as having "very poor filtration" as it let virtually all the testers soot straight through.

i'm guessing that most of the grit and dust a filter lets through is sucked in and blown straight out again by the engine. but in theory there's always a risk that over a period of time the grit and dust could build up a "grinding paste" in the upper cylinders - meaning you get to fit an rb30 conversion sooner than you thought.sweeeeeeeet:p

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
what I know is I didn fit the HKS filters that came with the tubby kit went off and bought a nice pair of K&N and ya I wont bother oiling them just buy a new pair each few months put it down as service charges please

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
edwin bobbins said:
hey, lord of the flies, you are so very very wrong.
How so?

I was simply pointing out that just because loads of people buy a product doesn't mean it's any good ...

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
People will buy anything, hell, you can even buy an acre on the moon.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts