GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do the induction kits make a big difference to performance? i know they sound good :)

also which do you lot think is the best make hks, blitz, etc..

i was thinking of buying some for my dads car.

cheers matt

·
Registered
534 Posts
Induction

Just on their own, not that much; with a good exhaust a fair bit:)

I think they are all much of a much regarding airflow, Apxi are supposed to be the best in that they filter out the most crud ...

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i just looked at my dads exhaust it's an aftermarket one (but was on the car when we bough it) but the quality is really bad and the back box has come away from the rest of the pipe.

what would you say the best full exhuast system is and a any idea of ??

cheers matt

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol definately not talking about my car. not really worth trying to tune my little 1400 :( i'll just stick with the body and interior mods :)

think i'll leave the engine tuning to my dad and his R33 gtr. :D

·
Registered
251 Posts
How much do induction kits really improve performance, even with an exhaust? The standard filter gets cold air ducted in from outside of the engine bay. A 'performance' filter takes more air in, but it's hot, less dense air from inside the engine bay. Would these two effects not act to balance each other out?

Hamish

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
Air filters.

Hamish,

Only my thoughts but the stock air box intake is considerably smaller than performance filters and I reckon the 'hot air from the engine bay' is simply not the case. As soon as you're moving a long, the air being forced into the engine bay will displace any hot air hanging about.

They must help the engine breath better plus you release all those lovely sounds. :)

Peter.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi just thought i'd let you know we went round to pete at se nissan and he sells an induction kit which has the air ducted from outside the engine bay so sucks in nice cold dense air :) and its all in carbon fibre as well :)

my dad tells me it looks pretty cool, but dont know what it sounds like yet.

cheers matt

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
not sure on the type of filters used but se nissan ltd (silvia engineering) make them.

if your going to the trackday they'll be fitted by then :)

i'll try and get some pics and post them up here

1 - 11 of 11 Posts