GTR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you are all no doubt aware after the recent events two people sadly lost their lives in a tragic accident. One of those was Rob Gallagher - tweenierob. So far many people have expressed their condolences for both families and many of you have asked how we can help. Also, at this very sad time our thoughts turn to the funeral arrangements.

Because of the nature of the incident there may be some time before an announcement can be made as to the funeral. We hope that you will respect the needs of the families at this time and we will announce the dates as soon as we can. In the meantime we can confirm that special arrangements are being made for anyone wanting to attend the funeral and that we are working with the authorities to arrange a convoy of cars on the day. Claire Williams (booty-licious) will deal with this on behalf of all the forums and clubs wishing to participate and, when we know more, she will be able to announce the details to everyone.

A special convoy from Rob's place of work to Brighton is being organised by Amber (Ladyboom) as a mark of respect to Rob. We hope people will participate in this and we hope that we can make a great turnout in respect of Rob. Details of this will be announced at the end of this week or early next week, once we have the relevant authority permissions.

Roxzan has asked that those close to Rob can send flowers but for everyone to send would be too much. In respect of that the GTR Owners Club and GTR Register will be sending flowers on behalf of everyone, we hope this meets with your approval. If, however you do still want to send flowers then the family will be happy to accept them.

A trust fund is to be set up for Rob's daughter - Lauren. We hope to start fund raising very soon and hope everyone will contribute to the fund. It is the wishes of Rob's family that the fundraising be split evenly between Lauren and in respect of the lady that lost her life in this tragic accident. Most people are in the belief that the air ambulance which was called to the scene would be a fitting beneficiary. This may change as we await to hear back from the Liaison Officer at Essex Police to see if there is a better cause to which we can contribute.

We hope to be able to accept donations and will also be looking to other fundraising activities this week.

Thank you for your patience in this matter.
Cem Kocu - GTR Register
John Fuggles - GTR Owners Club

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If anyone would like to make a donation to the Trust Fund for Lauren and for the other fundraising you can now do so via the forum shop. All proceeds will go to Rob's daughter and to the other charity. If you want to order more than one donation or sticker please do so. Stickers will be batch posted once per week so please allow time for delivery

Donations for tweenierob here

·
Premium Member
3,994 Posts
Every little helps guys and girls. Please give this appeal the support it deserves.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
Hi all,

Just a quick note following John's message.

I'm currently collecting names of drivers for the convoy. Obviously more details will be announced when known. But in the meantime please PM me the following:

Full name, Forum name, Representing car club, Registration.

Thank you
Claire

·
Super Moderator
15,847 Posts
Rob always said to me to buy him a beer when I saw him at a show for the odd little jobs he and Harry had done for me at no charge. I regret not getting that chance, so it's a pleasure to donate to this instead.:sadwavey:

·
Executive Club Member
99 Posts
RPI Tweenierob

What can be said that has not already been said.:sadwavey:

A real, genuine gentleman, I (and my late wife) always looked forward to seeing him at Track days, the Pod, Elvington etc etc - never too busy to stop what he was doing and say "Hi!".

He will be missed.

Ray
VeeDeeCee1

PS. he did one hell of a job on my GT-R33 in his Perfect-Touch days; I am so glad I got some video of him at work on the cars during the JapShow Finale at Santa Pod. It is posted on YouTube.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Donated

Never met the guy but really impressed by the clubs gestue to help his girl left without her Dad and others affected.

Hats off to you all and only wish i could give more.

Regards

ScottyB

·
Registered
123 Posts
If the date is known, than we will take the time to travel to the UK.
put of respect for ROB, and mrs. and lauren.

so count us in:bawling:

Can we also give the donation at rob's mrs.?????
or can we pay with Paypal????

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
i hate sounding like a propper muppet but are both donations for the same cause? is there just one fund? but 2 different donation amounts eg £10 for people who cant afford £25?? and you get a sticker if you donate £25?
am i really this dumb? if i donate 10 times do i get 10 stickers??

help please fuggles?

kev

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
All the money raised through the shop is going to the causes, whether you order stickers or just make donations or both ;) If you want more than one sticker order more than one. If you want to donat more you can select multiple versions of either.

Hope that all makes good sense.

Thank you to all those that have donated so far :bowdown1:

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Is there a time limit on the donations?

I would guess at this present time some people will be struggling to spare 25 quid in one shot and even £10 quid at that!

Also do we know the size of these stickers, again i would like one for my car but i must admit that im not a sticker person. However as this sticker has a meaning i will be proud to stick to me motor! But i would prefer to keep it to a localised area under the bonnet or something for people to see when im showing off my bling?

What sort of size is it? is it a full window sized sticker or something that can be added to boot lid or on the suspension strut etc?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.