GTR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I've done a few searches on the forum but cannot find any info on these questions, apologies if these questions have been answered before.

Having just traded in my old 1.2l Fiat Punto to an R33 GTR VSpec, I am obviously keen to keep it in the pristine condition that I bought it in, and perhaps more obviously I am unused to maintaining a performance car. Therefore, I would be most grateful for any info on the following:

1. How often do I need to get the Skyline serviced?
2. Are there any other regular tasks that I need to be aware of (oil, fluid checks etc)
3. Since the car is a new import are there any tasks (such as sealing the underneath) which would be vital to do
4. As 3 but for tasks which are optional.

Thanks in advance for any info - and please assume that I know nothing when answering my questions, I won't take offense!

Dave

·
Registered
597 Posts
manufacturers schedule is every 6k, and is small, med, small, large(48k cambelt?) and repeats, i think. (some people go for an oil change every 3K)
Abbey has a schedule that shows what is required.

underseal - rising sun does the hard stuff (150quids ish) and abbey the waxyol type - similar price.

If your car is unknown quality, then look to get the belts and fluids done as you can afford (cambelt esp.).

like a normal car really.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts