GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would 700cc injectors cause idle problems on a mildly uprated R32 GTR?

I ask as I appear to have leaking injectors which I have decided to replace, I dont plan to go any further than 450 - 500bhp at any point and I was thinking I might as well upgrade as I'm replacing. I will also be getting a PFC to go with these to enable mapping, and probably an uprated fuel pump as well.

I have found a set of 700cc's at a very reasonable price, but I'm not sure if this size will cause problems with idle control and general drivability as they are probably more capacity than I need.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
The size of the injectors doesn't control the rate at which the fuel is delivered, the ecu does that, so if your have the ecu remapped, then they are simply working well within there capacity. You shouldn't have any issues with the tickover.

There will always be extra capacity should you get bored and want more power.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies ;)

I had thought that if you go too big then the ecu struggles to control at low rpm eg can't open and close the solenoid fast enough for smooth idle.

Just been looking for parts prices etc does anyone know if you can buy Denso injectors? Or do they manufacter exclusively for others eg sard,hks?

I went this way with my spark plugs and was surprised by the price difference ;) (not that I'm tight or anything:D )

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm £23 ea compared to £53 for set of 6!! Alot of money for a nice box and brand name label!

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised:rolleyes:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Nengun are advertising sets of 6 700cc Sard injectors for £267 which seems rather reasonable.

(oh and if you are selling you 600cc's pm me!)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts