GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi dudes, some one tell me the natural progresion on injectors from yellow through to whatever and there ball park bhp abillity within safe injection..... if you know what i mean ... well you know Gaza

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Gary,

An easy way to consider injector size is the standard GTR has 444cc injectors and produces around 450 BHP max on those injectors.

The same follows through for the 550cc, 600cc, 680cc etc.

Only thing is you should not use injectors above 85% duty cycle and the 450 BHP above is found at near 100% injector duty cycle.

Best practise is therefore MAX BHP should be 85% of injector size.

·
Banned
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx hugh , so with steel internals ,using a boost controler stage 1 middlehurst chip/ind kit/trust full ex syst , would you perhaps recommend 550 injectors if im running boost @1.0/1.3 bar... Gary

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
would be advised Gaz

makes sure you get enough fuel through though and prevents any det and running lean at 1.3 bar. Stops the jectors maxing out as well as when they are running over 85% things could start to go wrong.
will you need a clutch as well mate?

NLW

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Gary,

The Middlehurst chip is set up for the standard injectors, it is not possible to use it with any other injector size.

Hugh

·
Banned
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi dude I hear the plate looks the hairy pair m8 hope fully got 500 bhp chip comming soon after 600 injectors though ...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts