GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, i have the rb20det, just rebuilt it,and its jus ran inn. im hoping too install 550cc injectors, not sure what brand yet though, and i want to uprate the fuel pump too, any suggestions on what brand and what problems could i face, also it is not mapped for 95 octane, is this neccesary to be done? my knowledge on the fuelling of skylines isnt great, any advice would be great, cheers:confused:

·
Registered
318 Posts
i was advised by rising sun in hampshire NOT to go for a walboro fuel pump and also not to go for sard injectors.apparently its spose to be a bit of a nightmare to map a skyline wth sard injectors, and walboro fuel pumps are not best suited to a skyline.:confused: :confused: :confused:
i think your best bet is an hks fuel pump and also a top brand company for your injectors eg hks nismo etc
people may disagree, as i say thats what i was asvised.:) :) :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
Got a Nismo pump on mine. Soon to get 600cc Nismo injectors.
You've gotta love Nismo gear............:clap: :clap: :clap:

TT

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
i was advised by rising sun in hampshire NOT to go for a walboro fuel pump and also not to go for sard injectors.apparently its spose to be a bit of a nightmare to map a skyline wth sard injectors, and walboro fuel pumps are not best suited to a skyline.:confused: :confused: :confused:
i think your best bet is an hks fuel pump and also a top brand company for your injectors eg hks nismo etc
people may disagree, as i say thats what i was asvised.:) :) :) :) :) :)
Considering injectors for SARD, HKS, etc. are all made by the same Japanese company, your source is misinformed.

Miguel.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Nothing wrong with the walboro Fuel pump either.
You have been led down the Garden Path my mate.

Mick

·
Hawaii-5-0
1,817 Posts
Considering injectors for SARD, HKS, etc. are all made by the same Japanese company, your source is misinformed.

Miguel.
haha that's exactly what I was thinking.

Amazing how stamping "HKS" into a bit of metal magically makes it more powerful/more durable/quicker/lighter/stronger/all of the above.

One thing's for sure, it magically makes it more expensive :p

·
Registered
932 Posts
I think you will find the reason we do not recomend sard injectors is more a fitment problem than anything. On the 800cc injectors you are required to open out the fuel rail slightly and then fit a new set of injector plugs that are supplied with the injectors! The best thing is the plugs that sard suppy do not fit and you have to file a lug off the injector to get them to clip on! Thats why tell cutomers to steer clear of them because in many cases a HKS/Greddy 720cc (denso) injector will be fine in there application and have minimal fitting problems!

Walboro fuel pumps are fine all the time they work! We have had a few fail and they were not that old so we do not recomend fitting them. Also same problems with not being a direct fit. Somtimes the hastle of making one fit will out weight the cost of one that slots straight in!

Richard

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Sard (Denso) 720 fit straight-in and have std plugs.

Walbro also goes straight in, although you do need to rewire two connections. As for cost / hassle ratio - Walbro circa £90, HKS/Nismo etc circa £300. You decide!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts