GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right......in the process of buying a kit and want to know if anyone has any info on the kits available:

Im reffering to the kits that replace the twin turbo pipe and relevant inlet piping.....

Obvious contenders are:

HKS
Greddy/trust
Nismo

Nismo looks the best without a doubt but does'nt replace the pipes that come off the turbo's to the afm's/filters........and the standard plastic ones are awful!!!

So which is best and why?.......is there any difference between these kits besides how they look??

Anyone got any pics of the kits fitted to there cars also??

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
From what i have heard and can see from my Nismo inlet pipe; it seems to be the most flowing design, with no harsh bends like the Trust kit.

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
Looking on the Nismo site and see that the inlet kit is specced for R33/R34 GTR. Whats wrong with the R32 GTR??? Are we inferior or something??? Not good enough to buy your inlet pipe kit Mr Nismo?? :p :p :p
Seriously though, would it fit R32?? If not, why not??

TT

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
There was a kit for the R32 afaik.

Maybe they have not re-released it for the R32?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
If i remember correctly Toby Broom bought a Nismo one for a 33/34 and modded it slightly to fit his 32. :)

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
Thanks for that Tony :clap: . Might consider a cheeky purchase although I noticed on your pic that the original black rubber hose is still on, connected to the inlet plenum. Is the kit for the right side of the engine only??

TT

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Yes that kit is only to replace the "twin turbo pipe" and the left upper intercooler pipe

Then you can either by the Nismo 3 piece intercooler hard pipe kit to replace the LHS lower pipe, and both upper and lower on the RHS. Or alternatively buy a HKS/Greddy/Apexi hard pipe intercooler kit (4 pieces) and have a spare pipe when you fit the Nismo inlet pipe. Hope you understand what i mean

1 - 13 of 13 Posts