GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The upgraded actuator along with the front pipe has been one hell of an upgrade. The car is a total animal now and sounds unbelievable.
Although I am currently doing a custom tune with GTC we have achieved fantastic results.
Thanks to Ben for supplying all the parts and supporting me through the entire install process.

COBB ACCESSPORT - STAGE 2 - CUSTOM TUNE BY GTC.
SUNLINE RACING TITANIUM EXHAUST-MIDPIPE/ FRONT PIPE / UPGRADED FORGE ACTUATORS /K&N AIR FILTER.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There was absolutely no space to move that pipe... unfortunately the Forge actuator had the outlet at that point.

Here's a pic of the front pipe -

·
Registered
220 Posts
Sorry for being a numskull, but what does an actuator do? - and how does the upgrade work? Can you spend a few moments for those of us and the bottom of the leaning curve?

Thanks

·
Registered
646 Posts
Which spring actuators did you go with? Red or Blue?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Very nice :)
Were they able to get the Actuators on with the engine in car, or did they drop the whole motor to do it?

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I was getting info from a few people saying it can be done without dropping the motor but its harder and takes longer. Sounds expensive ... So a few are finding its much easier and less time to drop the motor.

Some people use a cab click tool and say it reduces the time of install without dropping it (only a few people I know have this tool).

·
Registered
295 Posts
As someone else said, you can just undo the allen head bolts around the body of the actuator and rotate the top hosing around to avoid the kink. Its possible you could do that from the top.
One of the hardest parts of fitting actuators is removing the stock dpipes. With aftermarket dpipes, they can be taken off in about 15 mins vs. 3-4 hours (you can only see 6 of the 12 nuts you need to remove with the stock dpipes). The other nuts need a ridiculous amount of extension bars and universal joints to get to, all whilst working blind.

BTW what is a cab click tool ? Doesnt even come up in Google.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
cab click is what hks showed off when they released the GT570kit.
its a tool with a gear tooth assembly at the top to get around corners in small places. other places have these but they are not called cab click, i dunno what they call it. i dont have links anymore cause my computer was formatted. sorry.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts