GTR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you have any tips or pics for installing a PC (like an eePC from Asus) in the car? I would like to put the computer in the glove box and hook it up into a flip up display cd player. The main reason for doing this is so that I can record telemetry via the consult port.

Thank you!

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,203 Posts
Do any of you have any tips or pics for installing a PC (like an eePC from Asus) in the car? I would like to put the computer in the glove box and hook it up into a flip up display cd player. The main reason for doing this is so that I can record telemetry via the consult port.

Thank you!
You'll need an appropriate PSU and if you're using a cdplayer display then you'll need some sort of interface device. Assuming that you've not purchased the screen I recommend a screen with VGA interface and touchscreen.

If you need any more info shout.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
you can also speak to Canman - he builds car pc's as a sideline. I'm building one for my 33 GTR (though it's a bit on the backburner at the mo) to run my audio, video, GPS, WiFi, bluetooth etc using Canman's expertise and the software he uses. It's all driven through a touchscreen in the dash (yet to be mounted as I need to move the AC controls to make room etc etc)

The one he has in his R34 also interfaces with the tire pressure monitors, radar detector etc etc. very very clever stuff!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies! Once I get back in town I will check with both of those people and hopefully get this project rolling =)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi I am currently Installing a PC into a Mitsubishi GTO my brothers car he will end up with 7 screens most of them touch screen. May post some pictures near the end.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts