GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi fellas,
did your insurance companies insist you had a tracker on your skyline ........mine did!
....neil:confused: :confused:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TRACKERS

I AM WITH DIRECT LINE AND THEY INSIST ON A THATCHAM ALARM AND TRACKER BEFORE THEY WOULD TOUCH A SKYLINE.
..................NEIL

·
Registered
905 Posts
Funny that as they told me that they DONT insure Jap Imports, and when I said SKYLINE they Said WHAT?????

Bizzare That.....

Draxx

·
Registered
520 Posts
Yes. Privilege require me to have a tracker as well a CAT 1 alarm, adn TBH even if they didn't, I think I would fit one anyway. It's only £100 a year for the RAC trackstar that I have, and if that means I get my car back if some scum nicks it, then it's money well spent.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DIRECT LINE INS

DRAXX,
THEY ONLY STARTED DOING JAP IMPORTS ABOUT A YEAR AGO AND SAID I WAS ONE OF THEIR FIRST CUSTOMERS.
................NEIL

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
WHAAAAAAAT!

YOU GOT ME WORRIED NOW MATE, SERIOUSLY THOUGH I HAVE JUST RENEWED WITH THEM AGAIN!
................NEIL

·
Registered
905 Posts
Dunno

Maybe with mine not being a GTST or a GTR they might not have had it on their list or something, maybe confusion with the Call Centre Monkey!!!

Cheers

Draxx:smokin:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
MONKEYS

I THINK THE LAST ONE MAY BE RIGHT COZ I HAVE THE SAME CAR AS YOU EXCEPT 2 DOOR.
...................NEIL:D :D :D

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
INS COSTS.

SO WHAT KIND OF MONEY DOES THIS A/PLAN CHARGE FULLY COMP FOR A GTS NON TURBO?
.........NEIL:( :( :(

·
Registered
992 Posts
Insurance

Guys,
I am insured with Privlege, and they insisted that I have a Cat 1 alarm and Tracker, but will be looking around this time, as they place all Skylines in the same bracket. group 20+. I told them mine was a 2.0 litre non turbo, but they didn't know the difference.

I pays to shop around.

PaulP.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Well my car is with directline, not my 1st choice but before the skyline my other car was insured with them and fully piad, so it was cheaper to pay the extra £200 for it. Also directline have had a listing for my car, an r33 gts turbo 2.5 import as it says on my paper work.

They did insist on a tracker and cat 1 and as simon said even if they didn't i would still have one as it gives me that little extra peace of mind, and these days cat 1's and trackers don't cost the earth!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Same as Rich with Direct line. They will let you insure the car fully comp, but wont cover it for theft if you don't have a tracker installed - thats what they told me anyway. Direct line is one of the few company that will even look at insurance on an import and below 25.

Jason.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Insurance

Jason,
Looks like it depends who you get on the other end of the phone, because my last car was with Direct line, and when I told them that I was changing my car to a Skyline, the person told me that they didn't do Grey import cars!!!. I would have to go through Privilege(their sister company). So there seems to be a conflict of interest here. When I contacted Privilege, they first said that there wasn't a 2.0 litre non turbo Skyline, only a 2.5 litre single turbo Skyline. When I assured them that IT was infact a 2.0 lite Skyline, the person on the phone said that It wouldn't matter anyway as all Skylines were classes in the same group!!!, Why she asked me in the first place what model it was then is behond me if they are all in the same Insurance group, Hence I will be looking further afield this year.

PaulP.;)

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
A-plans quote for my '93 Skyline GTS25 non-turbo- £1532 fully comp, Thatham Cat 2 needed. Im 25 with only 1 years NCD, and no pints... car parked on the drive at night.

Direct line, the only other company to quote me for less than £2000 quoted £1550ish TPFT, Cat 2 + Tracker required - oddly the quote from direct line was only about £70 cheaper than their quote for a GTS-T.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts