GTR Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
INSURANCE COSTS.......

HEY FELLAS,
IT SEEMS IM GETTING A GOOD DEAL THEN .IM A BIT OLDER THAN YOU WITH FULL NO CLAIMS, AND FULLY COMP IM PAYING £800 A YEAR. ( WITH THATCHAM +TRACKER)

..........................HAPPY NEIL. :D :D

·
Registered
155 Posts
i'm the cheapest

i am insured with direct line with 4yncd but i use my dad as the main driver and i only pay 756 pound yes that is seven hundred and fifty six then again i am 31 and my dad is 60

·
Registered
239 Posts
Ok.......

Direct Line know what they're doing don't they:confused: not!

I've been with them for 10 years, and changed to Draxx's R32 GTS4 single turbo last week. (I insure his with him named, and he insures mine with me named - he's a tad younger than me so it works out better!!)

They know it's a Jap import.

They wanted a cat 1 and tracker before they'd insure for theft, but will still insure for 3rd party and fire.

Now don't get p1ssed off boys, and say it's because I'm a girl, but it cost me £600!!!!:D Yes, that's right, SIX HUNDRED POUNDS!!!

I'm 34 (tomorrow), ten years no claims, married (well you know that!!) on an ST10 postcode (Staffs Moorlands - pretty rural).

It does seem to depend on who you talk to, and I seriously hope that they don't take being female into consideration because 1 week out of every 4, I drive like an alien blindfolded halfwit with concrete boots on and a severe case of Terret's syndrome!!!!:mad:

Caroline

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Tracking devices

One point to note. Whether insurers require tracking devices or not it should still get you a %age discount. When I had mine fitted I worked it out it would pay for itself in 2.5 years regardless of whether one was needed or not. So seemed like a good idea to me - not to mention the peace of mind factor

John

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
try this lot

I tried phoned a guy called Christian at Keith Micheals (now renamed to something I can't remember). They quoted :

2 years NCB - £1750
4 years NCB - £1250
5 years NCB - £1000ish I hope!

I am 25, driving a 95 GTSt living in Milton Keynes. They were by far the best I found. I phoned 32 companies, most went with Norwich Union who quoted over £3000.:eek:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
That's what I said a few times down the phone. It seems MK is a bit of a joy riding town. I pointed out that not many joy riders nick Skylines as they don't have as much style as beaten up Novas.

I also had an accident Jan 2001 which didn't help.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I was quoted £1600-£1800 from most companies for my R34 GTR without tracker but Privelage are insuring me for £1290 with Tracker so I fitted one. Rather get something for my money I thought.

I'm 31 and Privelage gave my 6 years NCD! Nice.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.