GTR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is to everyone who has already taken delivery of their GT-R,
obviously everyone organised ins. for the date they collected the car but was anyone asked for a copy of the certificate/cover note before the collection? as in a couple of weeks before and told that the car would not be released until they had a copy with them.

only couple of weeksto go :thumbsup:

·
Registered
942 Posts
i gave my cover note to Ollie well in advance but i think it is expected that they see it beforehand. Congratulations and enjoy your new car!

·
Registered
122 Posts
They need the cover note / certificate to tax it. Main dealers often provide free 7 day cover with new cars but my HPC told me last week that they don't give it on GTRs (not that I am surprised). I have just put my insurance on cover wef 1 March and have received the certificate effective from that date which is when I get the car.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Ive got my Insurance with Admiral and left it 8 days before picking up my Car and was taught a valuable lesson !!!! allow more time :D because on The Day of my Pick up the Insurance certificate had not arrived in time therefore went to Pick up my Car thinking I could with a Fax copy from Admiral to the Dealer :confused: anyway 5 hours later I eventually got Admiral to agree to send a PDF to the Dealer which is the minimum the Dealer would accept to release the car, Admiral didnt like sending a PDF and it took a lot of Grovelling on my part :confused:

The longest pick up of a GTR on Record perhaps :eek:) lol

CJ

·
Banned
11,494 Posts
obviously everyone organised ins. for the date they collected the car but was anyone asked for a copy of the certificate/cover note before the collection? as in a couple of weeks before and told that the car would not be released until they had a copy with them.

It's fairly standard practice from any main-stream dealers these days. Usually there are special groups associated with the dealer that provide 1 or 2 weeks free insurance just to smooth the procedure out. They provide a code that the dealer can check by phone.

·
Registered
690 Posts

Hi.

Your dealer will need to see evidence of insurance to tax the car, and to have some degree of certainty that you are Insured to drive the car away. They ideally need it 3/4 days prior to you collecting the car but the effective date of cover need only start from when you intend to drive the car form them i.e. the document can be issued to start at a later date.

Not long to go! :D

·
Registered
777 Posts
Ive got my Insurance with Admiral and left it 8 days before picking up my Car and was taught a valuable lesson !!!! allow more time :D because on The Day of my Pick up the Insurance certificate had not arrived in time therefore went to Pick up my Car thinking I could with a Fax copy from Admiral to the Dealer :confused: anyway 5 hours later I eventually got Admiral to agree to send a PDF to the Dealer which is the minimum the Dealer would accept to release the car, Admiral didnt like sending a PDF and it took a lot of Grovelling on my part :confused:

The longest pick up of a GTR on Record perhaps :eek:) lol

CJ
That's really weird. Admiral sent me my documents via e mail (and later by post) and I just asked for the dealer's rep to be 'copied in' to the mail. All sorted.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Weired perhaps or perhaps my Dealer is more strict e.g. had to have hard copy or at very least PDF of my Insurance, I think Admiral agreed to the PDF (Not normal for them to do they advised) because they realsie they had failed to deliver.

Anyway all in the past my Snow White is on my Driveway :smokin::smokin: Best car ive ever owned with my Supra / Evo & XKR not too far behind :D

CJ

·
Registered
429 Posts
So... how do you get an insurance cover note without the registration? Or can it be done?

·
Registered
777 Posts
So... how do you get an insurance cover note without the registration? Or can it be done?
I already knew mine because I'd bought a GTR related one from DVLA but; in the past (when the vrm wasn't known at the time) I have given the VIN number to the insurance company and that was enough. That's assuming you can have the vin from the HPC.......

·
Registered
535 Posts
I was given a reg a couple of weeks prior to delivery :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts