GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*&%$ *&^&£ *&^£ *^%$£!!!!!!

so some little scrote breaks into the garage and makes of with my mountain bike that I've had for about ten years (never seen another on like it - it had propper alloy wheels!) and my track wheels and tyres, leaves all the tools, bits of carbon trim and other bits that were a) eaiser to take and b) probably easier to sell on.

now I've had the bike for a long time, the alloys about 7 years and couldn't remember the make of the bike so it's been about two weeks and today we phoned the insurance company (who we have been with for 11 years!) to generally get treated like a criminal!!

why haven't you got the receipt for the alloys? - what were they doing in the garage?, why didn't you mention the tyres when we first spoke? etc etc etc

then it gets to the excess, bearing in mind two things 1) they say that without proof of owership they will not process the claim for the alloy wheels and 2) that the policy explictally states that there is no excess for bicycles

they want a £100 excess, when challenged they maintain that they can apply the excess to any part of the policy they choose and that they are applying the excess to the bike because of the overall value of the claim? WTF!!!!!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
%^$£ @"%$!!!!

S

·
0 Posts
thats more than lucky.....

dirty feckers.
topload the claim to make up for it, not that I condone that sort of thing, but the [email protected] are all sweetness and like when debiting £100 a month out of your account aren't they! :(:(

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
You want to get insured by the local insurance company. They are far more accommodating when you walk in of the street and request a claim :D

·
Premium Member
5,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am always the first person to complain about people 'massaging' insurance claims as in the end we all pay for it, but it's easy to see why it happens!

Simon

·
Registered
444 Posts
Doesnt sound like a "fair" insurance firm.... :( Demand to speakto their Claims Manager. Be reasonable but press you point, & if they're still evasive or unaccomodating, advise them you'll be contacting the Insurance Ombudsman. If you've not got the details, dont worry, your insurers are obliged to give them to you.... ;)

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
The first mistake you made was being Honest!

Unfortunately when you are dealing with these people you must play a game

The first person you speak with, will try and put you off claiming or nul and void your claim

You must read your policy, mainly the small print

And I must say most of it is contradictory and hogwash, and then at the end of it

They will say, we have the right to change this policy at any time :eek: :eek: :eek:

Be careful what you add to the list, as certain items will not be covered from being stolen from the shed

Welcome to the world of insurance claims, another Great British Rip-Off :mad:

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,872 Posts
My garage was broken into and my Scott Purgatory was nicked.

I phoned the police who dusted for prints the next day. I then phoned my insurance to report it with the crime reference number.

4 days laster I took delivery of a new Scott YZ.

No worries, no hastle. Well chuffed..

S

·
0 Posts
R32 Combat said:
My garage was broken into and my Scott Purgatory was nicked.

I phoned the police who dusted for prints the next day. I then phoned my insurance to report it with the crime reference number.

4 days laster I took delivery of a new Scott YZ.

No worries, no hastle. Well chuffed..
Then post up who you use!:)Credit where it is due,
- as this poor fella sounds like he is taking it rectally by a huge financial institution - surprising as that may seem :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Hawaii-5-0
1,817 Posts
The big insurance firms will try and duck every single claim. That's how come they offer better premiums than local brokers, because they weasel their way out of so many claims. The initial people it goes to are targeted on the number of abandoned/unprocessed claims. You don't have to topload or 'stuff' your claim, just stick to your guns - if you have a genuine claim you will get paid in the end, unfortunately all the hoops you have to jump through are there to discourage people.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts