GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi just wondering if anyone else had noticed a big price difference in quotes these two cars

is their any reason why when i try to quote a r32 gtr its near enough double the price as the r33 gtr price

thanks

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,199 Posts
Hi just wondering if anyone else had noticed a big price difference in quotes these two cars

is their any reason why when i try to quote a r32 gtr its near enough double the price as the r33 gtr price

thanks
I'd try a different insurer. It isn't uncommon for them not to have a clue and start to put the car through as a GTS or some such.

·
Super Moderator
15,848 Posts
I am surprised, as I've had no premium differences between any 'skyline' in the past, including GTS and GTR, let alone differentiating between GTR variants.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
R33 gtr mods declared £1100 fully com age 23 more than happy with that at my age

R32 gtr mods declared near enough the exact same mods just diffrent brands £1800 fully com

·
Registered
241 Posts
sky are excellent for my r32 gtr although it is a limited mileage policy

sorry to hear your having trouble have you tried a classic car company like footman james or heritage?? Just an idea

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
I presume you are getting quotes before buying a car. Whilst that is never a bad idea it is the car that you buy that will really determine what you spend over a year .

32s and 33s are quite different imho it is worth deciding which you prefer and then looking And buying the best you can .

·
Registered
230 Posts
Surely that must be related to the age of the R32 and the fact that simple parts are becoming challenging to source - I'm talking at all, not even OEM.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I paid £675 for fully comp with a £300 excess on my r32 gtr which I thought was reasonable. I do live in North London which does push up the premium.

What is everyone else paying?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I paid £675 for fully comp with a £300 excess on my r32 gtr which I thought was reasonable. I do live in North London which does push up the premium.

What is everyone else paying?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts