GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes it's that time again for me and A-BEUT !!!
Having trawlled around the various "performance" Insurance companies and not getting suitable decent quotes, as they keep asking and I keep telling them that YES it is an IMPORT and Yes it is modified !!!

Does anyone know of a decent Insurance company that will take into account the fact that the car has a CAT 1 alarm and a TRACKER on it and is kept under lock and key in an alarmed garage with another vehicle parked in front of it and only is used really for track days and does only 3000 miles a year !!! Oh, and thats the other thing Track days, scares em silly !!!!
Used to be with Privilege who did at one time insure you for track days, even thought they doubled your excess for the day and put other restrictions on you, however it was easy as all you had to do was call them and advise of the date and the circuit. I believe that Norwich Union offer a track day insurance at £75-00 per go and limit you to only doing 5 days a year !!! I need to do twevle, one a month !
So any help guys ?
Got until the 15th of March to decide
Steve
Keep it on the black stuff:smokin

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi Steve,

I'm with Greenlight insurance, they were the cheapest I could find to cover 500+bhp. They also do track day insurance at £50 per day (fully comp cover) and I don't know of any restricion on the number you can do.
Speak to Nick or Neil on 01277 263030. I'm in the 200+ club and get a discount with them which may have helped my premium a bit also.

Cheers,
Mike

·
Registered
961 Posts
HIC insurance

HIC
herts insurance consultants
08451 290 290

could be worth a call
says you can get different covers eg mods , trackdays , driveing other cars ,classic rallys, prosocution defence cover etc

worth a call i guess

·
Registered
62 Posts
You could try this number, 0800-2985566 for classic car insurance. It was introduced to me through my bike company Caroll Nash. On my heavily modified Scirocco they came back with £201 fully comp up to 4000 miles or £300 up to 6000. This is much Less than half Herts!!!

Trick is, must be a second car, and should be about 10 years old or so, so you might be OK.

The price was cheaper than 3rd part fire/theft for my old diesel Citroen BX I just got as a runaround (AA gave best quote before I found the above company).

Give it a go, good luck :)

·
Registered
558 Posts
Insurance!!!

Steve,
I had my 1990 GT-R 32 insured with Caroll Nash last year at a very good Premium as a classic car as standard!
On doing a lot of research on the history of the car it turns out to be an original 1990 Janspeed Conversion with a chip change to up the boost to 0.9 bar and a Nismo Clutch.Left Janspeed with 350 BHP and 100,000 miles later still produces 350 BHP.Only problem is Caroll Nash now say they will not insure the car as they do not insure modified cars!Therefore i'm on the same search as you!
I will try Greenlight on 18/03/02 and see what result i get as it appears that MikeR33 and Ian Sutton are happy with them.
Herts Insurance Consultants(GU51 80Y) will not insure Skylines but they appear to insure everything else according to a full page advert in Evo Magazine.Rang on Saturday and they did not want to know!
Best quote so far was from Privilege!
Will keep all informed on progress and why do we not have a Club scheme or Discount arranged?
I have tried 22 Brokers who advertise in car magazines and only 5 will give me a quote!
Good luck in your quest . Please advise if you have a result.

Regards,

Ross.

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thx Guys

Cheers matey's, you'll never guess wot ?? Bloody Priviledge have gone back on thier word (Thank God) and said that as I was the "perfect" driver /owner of such a magnificant beast that they would revoke their previouse "Can't do attitude" and have gone back to my original conditions of the policy and have allowed track days !!! Just goes to show, don't be fobbed off, push ,push, push all the way till the pedal is on the metal !!!!
Keep it on the Black Stuff !!
See you all at Bedford

·
Registered
961 Posts
cant understand why they dont want your money
it not like skylines are renowned for stacking !

they sounld look at the drivers privious history
eg if youve have no claims atall and youve had fast cars before
and track days etc !

or do they,
or is it that they know you guys take one look at a
300hp engine and still say " need more ":D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts