GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for stand alone modified car cover for my GTR32 which puts out around 500bhp (or hopefully will after rebuild).

Some of the quote have been a bit high with a few insurers saying the mods are too extreme.

Mileage will be restricted to 3000 miles and I have an everyday car & my wife's car to use.

Anyone had any decent quotes??

Cheers,

Mark

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
I'd recommend A-Plan; try and speak to Dan.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
True, but to be honest, the brokers people on here and other forums are recommending don't have the best reputations, so it is a matter of reading the covers.

Trouble with a lot of these brokers is that the cover are often on a 'binder' with agreed rates for the year. The broker often acts as the underwriter and claims underwiter potentially causing a conflict of interest.

I am reasonably au fait with insurance being a broker albeit not in the motor sector (I do have access to good advice though from the personla lines team that work near me though).

Cheers,

·
Super Moderator
15,843 Posts
You could try Keith Michaels, best for me.

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
What sort of price are you expecting?

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All done now - got it insured for £549 through Santa Pod Insurance (part of Herts Ins) incl EU breakdown.

Restricted to 3000miles per year, garaged in a SW postcode.

They did a stand alone modifed car policy without the need to transfer bonus off my everyday car.

Was hoping for about £400 range.

Keith Michaels were second best and I believe on the same basis.

Cheers,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts