GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I once read on the bulletin board about insurance cover for Peter's track day.

Does anyone have any idea of cost,limit,etc.,for I am quite worried about damage!:(

Cheers

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Track day insurance.

Hi Paul,

I'll get the figures from Easytrack tomorrow and post them up. Have you spoken to your insurers about your policy. Some policies will cover you as long as you inform them. My excess doubles to £500 for track days but there's no additional charge (Privilege).

Cheers.

Peter.

PS. Don't worry too much about damage, it's a pretty safe circuit!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ins for track day

hello Peter,

tnx for quick reply.
I am ins with Tescos,who I understand r a front for some other larger underwriting co.

When taking out my policy,I enquired about track days,& was told"yep no probs no,no conditions as long as I dont do too many?!
I rang them afew weeks ago to inform them about track day & was told "u r not covered for track days if there will be other cars on same track at the same time!"
I then informed them of their answer upon taking up policy & was told an error had been made,& if i wanted they would give me a full refund to which I still havent taken!
I also asked if they could arrange cover for t.day to which they said no!

I then asked if I could take out cover with an other co just for the day & was told it was illegal to have any car insured twice!

But if u say it is safe.........:D ..
btw thanx for arranging track day & I look forward to meeting u.

regards

paul

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Insurance.

Hi Paul,

If they won't cover a risk, I can't see a problem with getting supplementary insurance to cover that risk, but what do I know...

The refund might be worth thinking about if you've had the insurance running for a while assuming you can get a comparable quote elsewhere.

Anyway, as I said, I'll find out the details and put them up tomorrow (well today I suppose).

I look foward to meeting you too!

BFN.

Peter.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
insurance

Hi Paul,

If they are refusing you cover on a track then surely you are uninsured so you won't be insured twice.

I am going to look into it with Direct line (I didn't realise some companies covered track use)

/Steve

·
Registered
264 Posts
Supplementary track cover is usually £8-10 per £1000 of cover you require.

If you have a come off the track, or worse, someone hits you (don't forget they're not liable) then you can claim for the damage on your supplementary insurance without if affecting your No Claims on your primary policy.

Definitely worth it.

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Insurance.

As promised.

Please contact Egger Lawson direct.

Peter.

PS. Sorry about the format but I coudn't load it as a *.doc file. :(

·
Registered
530 Posts
Insurance???

Hi everybody,
just reading through this link got me thinking
Hmmm..............This is a highly organised event taking place seemingly by all accounts at a top class venue with loads of run off space etc etc. ie/ thanks to Peter V.Professional.
I've put my name down to run. However all this talk of insurance makes me nervous. I've done a few other track days in other cars in the past that were well run also. They let 4 or 5 cars on the circuit at any one time, and strict rules regarding overtaking etc were observed. Anyone taking the p**s was black flagged and talked to.
What I'm saying is that we have the track exclusively, and alot of us know each other, and we all drive the same type of cars......so there shouldn't be any of the "mines quicker than yours, and I'll prove it" type of behaviour. Remember we are all going round the circuit the same way. If EVERYONE drives within their capabilities then there will be no problems. The last thing I want to see is someones pride and joy get wrecked either by their own shortcomings or worse, others.
So come on chaps and chapesses (if there are any!) lets be sensible and have a great day out that can be remembered for all the right reasons
regards
Frightfully (PC) wroestar........not
ps/ please shoot me down in flames if you think I'm underestimating the dangers etc
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
264 Posts
wroestar, I agree with your sentiments exactly.

HOWEVER, can you vouch for the driving standards of everyone likely to be on track ?

Marshalls can stop people clearly driving like idiots, but they won't black flag anyone being overenthusiastic into a bed.. spinning and causing a collision.

And don't forget, even if it's their fault, you pay for the damage to your car..

Is it worth the worry for £100 ?

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Not wishing to be alarmist about this subject but I honestly think you do need some type of cover for the day either with your road policy or specific cover for the day. Whilst the circuit is classed as safe and I wouldn't expect any driver problems, shit happens.....

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
T-day insurance

hi Peter,

Thank u for info on insurance cover .I shall be giving them a ring & taking out some cover ,proably £5-£7k.
Sorry to Mr wroestar for my slightly pessimistic views but as someone said' s**t happens'.

seee u later m8 :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts