GTR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone point me in the right direction regarding getting a good insurance deal for a MY11 with a Litchfield stage 1... Just been told 1st central insurance won't insure me with any mods..:-(

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Try

Competition Car Insurance

Sky Insurance

Pace Ward

They are brokers and will cover modified GTR's and I've had good quotes from all 3 since owning the R35

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Litchfield Stage 1, I guess you just mean Ecutek Stage 1 then ?

I have ecutek stage 1, am 28 years old and with Sky Insurance £950 Fully comp.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Go Admiral 650 fully comp

Bobby

·
Registered
243 Posts
I used admiral and online you can fanny about the the declared mods and see how it changes the cost.....

I think it was £50 for 10% chip tuning and exhaust mod..

·
Vendor
1,709 Posts
650r here and it was about £80 extra on top of around £480 with admiral multi car :thumbsup:
The guys on the phone had to have everything spelt to them I'd got as they didn't know what I was talking about I...N...J...E...C...T...O...R...S :chuckle:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks to all for replies... I've gone back to Admiral, £396 with Mods and driver awareness course.. :)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah that one as well.. :)

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
I contacted Admiral today, I was quoted an addition £88 for the remaining 11 months of my policy. They asked by what % the horsepower increased and I said 20%, is that about right. Haven't paid yet as they won't change my details until I have had the upgrade, which is a bit annoying. Getting the upgrade on Friday.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I contacted Admiral today, I was quoted an addition £88 for the remaining 11 months of my policy. They asked by what % the horsepower increased and I said 20%, is that about right. Haven't paid yet as they won't change my details until I have had the upgrade, which is a bit annoying. Getting the upgrade on Friday.
I told them 10% with modded exhaust. MY11 car about 530NHL stage 1 should take it to 580-590NHL..so near enough 10%.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I told them 10% with modded exhaust. MY11 car about 530NHL stage 1 should take it to 580-590NHL..so near enough 10%.
Bloody predictive text on this shite phone!! NHL national hockey league!! WTF! Bhp I meant.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts