Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Liverpool Victoria,
Have come up trumps again.
All the mods declared including tyres,
£430 job done.:clap::bowdown1:

·
Registered
318 Posts
I Work in insurance mate and deal with LV. Are you sure they are covering your modifications?

I was with LV when i had my previous car and had to move elsewhere when i got my Stage 4 GTR.

I dont think they cover R35 GTRs with mods like Stage 4.

If the mods are listed on the paperwork then you'll be fine just a heads up to check just in case.

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
I Work in insurance mate and deal with LV. Are you sure they are covering your modifications?

I was with LV when i had my previous car and had to move elsewhere when i got my Stage 4 GTR.

I dont think they cover R35 GTRs with mods like Stage 4.

If the mods are listed on the paperwork then you'll be fine just a heads up to check just in case.
+ 1

Double check that your mods are documented on your policy. Each year I send a Full written list of every single mod - from changing to non run flat tyres, carbon bits to bigger turbos etc and I make sure that they acknowledge in writing the receipt of the written list.

That is very cheap, I assume you are 50's, live in the middle of nowhere, 30 years no claims, no points, 3000 miles pa and a £1000 excess?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Liverpool Victoria,
Have come up trumps again.
All the mods declared including tyres,
£430 job done.:clap::bowdown1:
You 35 owners are so lucky..... wish I could insure my 33 for that.

I called CCI and was told they wouldn't even insure me but if I had an R35 it would be fine :chairshot

·
Registered
448 Posts
That is very cheap, I assume you are 50's, live in the middle of nowhere, 30 years no claims, no points, 3000 miles pa and a £1000 excess?[/QUOTE]

Apparently most insurance company's now say when you have 5 years no claims this is maximum so anything after that is wasted.

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
You 35 owners are so lucky..... wish I could insure my 33 for that.

I called CCI and was told they wouldn't even insure me but if I had an R35 it would be fine :chairshot
why are 33's so difficult to insure?

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
That is very cheap, I assume you are 50's, live in the middle of nowhere, 30 years no claims, no points, 3000 miles pa and a £1000 excess?
Apparently most insurance company's now say when you have 5 years no claims this is maximum so anything after that is wasted.[/QUOTE]

I was using a degree of sarcasm, true but mine asks for 10 :p

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Admiral insurance where only £487
With all the up grades named
Air filters
Downpipes 102mm
Exhaust full
Litchfield stage4
And mpss tyres

Am I missing anything. ?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Admiral insurance where only £487
With all the up grades named
Air filters
Downpipes 102mm
Exhaust full
Litchfield stage4
And mpss tyres

Am I missing anything. ?
Just saying to check the Latest documents that all mods are listed as I work with LV on a daily basis and gave contact with senior underwriters and they couldn't normally cover a stage 4 car.... If you check the document and the mods are all listed then you are fine. It will take 2 mins to check just to be sure.

Also I thought admiral wouldn't cover anymore than 25% power increase

1 - 15 of 15 Posts