GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, I iinsured my r32 gtr with adrian flux,
then, was offered a new job, a little distance from where i live

I asked about insuring a second car,...the second car being a 2002 2.0tdci mondeo - 1750 f-ing quid

because I cant use my no claims on both cars-

So, anyone have any tips on insuring the skyline, and a cheap runabout...

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
You need an insurance company what will mirror the bonus onto your second car, or do a big introductory discount.

So you'll probably have to phone around. (or look at a multicar as above)

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
I find Admiral pretty good with the multi car, that is who I am with.

Jerrick
Me too, they do some great prices to get you in there.
Then try to shaft you at renewal time. :chuckle:

I can see me splitting my five cars (multi-car policy limit) up and doing them separately come renewal time.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Got mine insured with admiral and they ve mirrored the no claims off my van which i use every day for work
Car is just for weekends

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ENDLESSR

is your van insured by you, but with a different insurance company???? or is it admiral that insure that too???

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok,
What about this

A friend has a traders policy - so, IF he put my runabout on his traders policy, would I then be able to drive it, as I am fully comp on gtr, and am able to drive cars if they are insured by a third party
???

·
Registered
80 Posts
Your friend's trade policy will probably only cover the person/people for which the policy is explicitly for. They exclude anyone else from driving the cars declared on the trade policy by stating that only one car will be on the road at any one time (two cars if two named drivers/holders on the trade policy, etc).

Essentially, your cover from a different car will not cover a car which is already on a normal trade policy.

Exception being car dealers whose trade policy covers all the cars that they have for sale for anybody with a license. This obviously would not work for you.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
according to friend, his policy states "anyone with full uk license can drive cars which are on policy with M I D"

He says he has another friends car on the policy with no issues....

I know this sounds a bit of a jip, but the best quote I have had for a 1.7 astra diesel, is 900 quid - the car isnt worth that
Im 35 with 9 years no claims for f sake, and cant get second car cover for a reasonable price

What dyou lot pay for second car ????

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hi carlsworth yeah my van is insured by me and with another insurance company, I've always used all my no claims bonus on both insurance policies
Neither of them have ever questioned it! Result

·
Super Moderator
15,847 Posts
Contact Sky, I've got loads of cars on one policy all given same no claims discount!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts