GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm busy sorting everything out on my car.. I need to fit a throttle body just before the machined end ring on this pipe in the picture. How bad is the flow going to be after the t/body , around the bend and cylinder no 1..

I am a bit concerned. Any experts out there ?? What do you guys reckon, a lean cyl no 1 perhaps ??

·
Premium Member
1,855 Posts
Air flow will drop using the standard throttle bodies anyway!
Poor plenum..
Use a single, Andys done back to back tests on plenums on his flow bench And singles come out on top everyday of the week!
Rich

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Cheers Rich , I am running a single 90mm t/body here. The singles were the first item to be junked.
You reckon the Greddy intake is of a poor design for airflow ?? Damn , need to then check this ..

Hugh, simply "cleaning" the intake bells up ? Not sure what you mean by "fixing " ??

Just to simplify my question here..at low opening levels of the t/body air basically whips around the t/blade and is extremely turbulent behind the blade or butterfly..at bigger openings it tends to stay laminar for longer but then tends to whip around and create vortices (sp)further down the manifold.

My concern is the large bend just before cyl #1 and the fact that the air is going to be directed "away" from the mouth of cyl 1..

Comments or am I being too pedantic over this here..

·
Premium Member
1,855 Posts
The greddy's arnt a bad design the copy's are if the castings are poor inside...
You shouldn't have a problem with the bend... The bend won't restrict to much, cylinder1 will be fine!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts