GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone give me some info on taking out the intake plenum? i want to take it off so that it can get polished anything special thing i need to do? how long did it take? do i need to replace the gaskets if i take it out or can it be reused?

any info would help. thanks.

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Good luck. Mine came off and went back on with an air leak (by competant non-skyline mechanic)....fixed now by skyline mechanic. Check the locating dowels are right when refitting... they are not all the same length.

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
thread hijack

Sorry to hijack thread...but yes and yes Scott. I will post up the results when I get the car back this weekend (who broke what etc.)
Dave

·
Registered
446 Posts
remove inlet plenum

An astard of a job allow about a day!

·
Registered
76 Posts
It cant be that hard. I have another stock manifold here I was gonna get polished but decided to order the Greddy plenum. I was checking it out and would think if you had an 8th grade mechanics level you could do it no prob.

I'm sure I just jinxed myself by saying that:p

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
yes it looks easy to do
that is the top bolts on the plenum
try getting to all the bolts and all the small pipe work under it
you cant get to it from under the car.
also there are lots to come off under the plenum
i have done the turbos on my car and think they are easy to do when you compare the work needed when doing the plenum.
try to do it then
report back then tell me what grade of
mechanic is needed to do the job

keith

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
On top of what Keith says: bolts (top AND bottom ones) need to be tightened with a specific torque preferably........:D and there's a LOT of them in places hard ro reach EVEN WHEN THE ENGINE IS OUT !!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts