GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
On a similar note i'd like to know if there is much difference between the litchfield (forge i think) 80mm intakes and the more 'generic' 76mm items on sale from GTC, whifbitz etc.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Yeah i think they're basically the forge ones with litcho branded foam filters. Could be wrong though.

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
God damn it! Confused intakes and throttle bodies again. Yes i already have those on. Sounds great.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Yup. I don't know at what kind I power level these intakes will go up to or how much the extra 4mm matters. I just thought bigger was better!

·
Vendor
480 Posts
There's actually a big difference between all the different designs of inlet, they all direct the airflow over the air flow meter in slightly different ways.

Some are well designed and give a smooth flow over the meter at all flow rates, some are poorly designed and at certain flow rates cause hesitations and poor running at certain rates... We tried quite a few different designs before settling on the one that gave the smoothest and most consistent flow.

I've mapped up some of the cheaper variants which are basically just slash cut (no smooth bends) which are a disaster to the MAF curve and also remember that the larger the pipe i.e. 80+mm the lower the resolution and higher the chance of poor running. This is less of an issue running either SD on Cobb or hybrid MAF/SD on Ecutek but is still well worth considering.

·
Vendor
480 Posts
I make my own :)

76mm (3") give enough scale on the stock MAFS for about 720-730hp, so enough for a basic hybrid turbo setup, if you're pushing further, either 80mm inlets OR HPX MAFS OR just run speed density tuning (best option really)

·
Vendor
2,983 Posts
I was going to say the air flow and MAF sensor location is a factor. But doesn't affect if your ECU is SD tuned or if you have the SD kit fitted.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Andy I'm only wanting to do Y Pipe,Ansu injectors,and intakes

Could you pm me some prices when you have time please

1 - 20 of 21 Posts