GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
strange running problems as follows:-

(1991 R32 GTR)
symptoms are its running out of fuel,(which it isnt)-intermitantly ?

i am an 18 year time served vehicle tech. so i do know enough. but ive never worked on a skyline before !
and i dont particulally want to waste money buying parts i dont need,
any 1 on here come across this before ??
i have my own ideas what might be causing this, but i would welcome some responses from people in the know who have experience with these cars.!!!

ta for now :bowdown1::runaway::chairshot

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
What do you mean running out of fuel? you mean the fuel supply keeps getting interupted?

·
R35 Section manager
10,972 Posts
Fuel pump issue?-very open on that description tho

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sort of

the pump definately keeps running, just seems like [email protected]*k all is getting to engine some times,
i was driving along (not under load), and just felt like motor was starved of fuel,
pulled car back on drive & gave it a foot load of gas a few times , all was well.
a second later struggling to rev, piss poor tick over, & cut out, restarted instantly ran fine for a while, then ect ect ect........

·
Registered
15 Posts
the pump definately keeps running, just seems like [email protected]*k all is getting to engine some times,
i was driving along (not under load), and just felt like motor was starved of fuel,
pulled car back on drive & gave it a foot load of gas a few times , all was well.
a second later struggling to rev, piss poor tick over, & cut out, restarted instantly ran fine for a while, then ect ect ect........
My car behaved exactly like that when my afm's was bad.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Hi m8

Could be any number of things,

Fuel filter, dodgy Lambda sensor, dodgy AFM, a leak on the vacuum system all of these can manifest themselves in a similar way as would a dodgy tank of fuel.

What spec are you running? is it a standard ECU / PFC etc...

Need to give a little more info, whats coming out the exhaust etc...

Kev

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
spec...

car is standard spec apart from air filters

only thing i noticed was i got THE smell from the cat, not the [email protected]&ked smell, the smell that its workin properly, just alot stronger..?:runaway:

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I would start by re-setting the ecu and see how you go from there.

Keep wheels straight, disconnect battery, pump brake pedal a few time to get rid of any electical charge.

I woudl leave for an hour or two and re-connect, start her up and let her idel for 5 mins or so, then switch air con on and leave idling for another few minutes, switch air con off leave for another few minutes and the go for a good blast.

If it smells rich out of the back it could be pointing at your Lambda sensors, AFM are renowned for casuing problems. Easiest way is to swap for friends who you know are working without any probs.

Fuel filter's aren't expensive and easy enough to change.

Good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts