GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having some issues with my intelligent key recently and wondered if anyone had any thoughts as to the cause. Sometimes the car doesn't recognise the key, so the car won't open or shows the yellow key warning, but it is very sporadic - sometimes the door won't open but once you are in it recognises the key, or the door opens but it won't start without the key in the slot. Yesterday I went to get fuel but couldn't as the filler flap wouldn't unlock!

Changed battery in key for a brand new one, which has helped a bit but it still does the same thing. Car battery itself is almost new as well and charged regularly. Sterring lock recall has been done already.

Any ideas/anyone had similar issues?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I was going to say check batteries or steering lock but seems you've got that covered.

Dodgy key fob perhaps? Have you tried the spare key to compare?

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I had the same symptoms turned out to be steering lock failing which I've replaced. The only other time this would happen is when the battery is low - but I keep it charged whenever I can with CTEK (cold weather drains the battery a lot!).

Try new batteries in the spare fob to see if it makes any difference?

·
Premium Member
1,954 Posts
Wild guess... anything new recently fitted of a wireless nature? could be something interrupting with the bluetooth freq? Does it happen always in the same place?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no, nothing new fitted and happens in different places - only new thing is a new battery pit in the car around 4 weeks ago but wouldn't have thought that would cause any issues, and it's been happening on and off for a while. Might need to get the key checked out.

·
Registered
173 Posts
My bet is its something to do with the cobra tracker that's fitted. I disconnected the car battery on mine to join up some ctek permanent leads so I could charge the car without having to lift the bonnet every time, and it reset the tracker (even though it wasn't activated/subscribed at the time) and had to then play around with the tracker fob to get things working again and get rid of the yellow key light. Although I don't think that wouldn't explain the getting in and out of car as mine still locked/unlocked. :confused:

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have same problem. Rarely works first time when I walk up to car. Sometimes have to press key to unlock car. I think its the car sensor rather than the key fob as spare key is same even with new batteries.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does anyone know where the sensor is, and any thoughts as to cause of sensor issues? Could also be tracker, as suggested, so that is worth exploring further as well.

·
R35 Section manager
10,925 Posts
I'm sure I read recently that someone had a similar issue and it was a low battery in the tracker fobs even though the tracker wasn't being used?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts