GTR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help I have a problem with the key. I just went for a qiuck blast and on returning home got out of car and went to lock but nothing happened. Tried pressing lock on key nothing, went and got spare key adoesnt work either. On trying to start car up I had to insert key into port and started ok but still cannot lock car with key. I doubt it is the batteries as car only 6 weeks old and happens on both keys. Any ideas?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update and advice please

Car went back to HPC who couldnt fix it so approached NGB for authority to replace central unit in dash, approval given and my car went back in again and has remained at HPC for the last 2 weeks got it back yesterday morning and put it in the garage straight of transporter. Went to go for a drive today and problem still exactly the same.
Now do I give it back to my HPC for a third time on the basis that it must be a difficult problem to fix ( doesnt seem anyone else with this problem ) or should I ask for the car to go to Middlehursts as they are meant to be experts in the GTR. Begining to get a liitle peed of as car hasnt even done 1200 miles yet.

·
Registered
99 Posts
What a nightmare. Might be worth ringing MH for some advise or speak the your HPC dealer principle to voice your concerns. Who is your HPC?

·
Registered
634 Posts
That is a tough one as I am sure the HPC would have checked to see that the fault was fixed before they released the car back to you.

Is there anything in your garage that could be affecting the signal (have you tried removing it from the garage and locking it up else where).

If not that then there could be an electrical fault somewhere else in the car that is causing the main unit to fail (so it worked at the HPC but failed after a while)

They are just ideas ?

HTH

Kp

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HPC is Marshalls Cambridge and they don't fill me confidence. KP I have taken car eslewhere by using the key docking station in the dash but fault still exists, it was a little intermitant before it went in to HPC as occaisionally you could walk up to car and it would open but then refuse to start or lock itself again. Perhaps I'll give MH a ring in the morning to see if they have any ideas. Do you think I could get concierge service to MH even though I'm down South.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Dont see why not, if you had bought the car from MH they would have done it and if you are gonna get them to sort an issue then I would think it was fine.

Kp

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
Ask Marshalls if they have done the following:

Check remote keyless entry receiver (“RKE OPE COUN1”) in Data Monitor mode with CONSULT-III.

Check that the numerical value is changing while operating on the Intelligent Key.

Is the inspection result normal?

YES>>Intelligent Key is OK.

NO>>Refer to Diagnosis Procedure.

1.CHECK INTELLIGENT KEY BATTERY

Check by connecting a resistance (approximately 300 Ω) so that the current value becomes about 10 mA.

Standard
: Approx. 2.5 - 3.0 V

Is the measurement value within the specification?

YES>>Replace Intelligent Key.

NO>>Replace Intelligent Key battery. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly.

There is also a US Service bulletin on the key NTB08-107 download here:

http://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/Knowledgebase.html?catid=545&sort=d&pp=12&page=2

There have been a number of reports in the US of the whole car being inoperable due to the key but not just the locking. There were also reports of early jap and US car keys being affected by some phones but was under the impression this was resolved. I think it does say in the manual keep the key away from mobiles.

Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow Paul thats a lot of usefull info, thanks buddie you seem to have a good knowledge of GTR are you a technician by any chance?
I'll give them a call in the morning and ask your points,
Thanks Andy

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
I had one instance of this when us track-boys were in Anglesey.

We'd gone for a coffee on the Sunday, then when I tried to lock the car nothing happened. Couldnt even open the boot with either the key or the boot button on the rear.

It was still being an arse about 30 mins later but ever since, perfect.

At the time the only thing I could think of was that the key had gotten wet in my pocket as it was lashing it down.

I'd be interested to see how this pans out buddy....

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
are you a technician by any chance
No! just spend to much time reading the service manual!

The outside key antenna detects whether the Intelligent Key is outside the vehicle. It is Integrated in the outside door handle (LH, RH) and installed in rear bumper. There are dtc codes for these that should be checked with consult 3.

Also CHECK REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY RECEIVER OUTPUT SIGNAL
Turn ignition switch OFF.
Check signal between remote keyless entry receiver harness connector and ground with oscilloscope.

Hope this helps

Paul

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I had one instance of this when us track-boys were in Anglesey.

We'd gone for a coffee on the Sunday, then when I tried to lock the car nothing happened. Couldnt even open the boot with either the key or the boot button on the rear.

It was still being an arse about 30 mins later but ever since, perfect.

At the time the only thing I could think of was that the key had gotten wet in my pocket as it was lashing it down.

I'd be interested to see how this pans out buddy....
Just read this thread, Had this happen first day i got GTR the beast locked me out of the car and would not unlock. Called HPC they had never heard of any issues. Could not open the doors so had to do it manually with the screw then all was OK from then.....thats 6 months ago. Hope you just have small fault:eek:

·
Registered
376 Posts
Mine locked me out the other day whilst the engine was running (was in the process of de-icing the car), I wasn't amused! Keyfob buttons did nothing so had to resort to the the traditional key.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts