GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
That's very cool, I've never seen that done before. It's one way to show people the car before it arrives!
12 weeks to go...
and I've just found the zoom button too. that's very cool. very impressed!
damn I need my car this wait is driving me nuts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for looking at it, glad you liked it. Yes it would be great if this type of image was used more by the manufacturers. Most use CGI 360 views, so that the user can change the colours etc...

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Love it buddy. Very cool.

How is it done?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Basically it's made up of 8 images, 6 around, 1 above and 1 below.

This one is a HDR image (high dynamic range) which is produced from 9 different exposures. This lets you see bright and dark areas, like the view out of the window and detail in the foot wells. Altogether 64 images were used - so 7x9 blended images and 1 below. It was around 15 hours work on and off to produce it. The whole image is quite hard to process as the environment it is in is very small - you have to be very accurate when shooting and be prepared for much time correcting stitching errors.

I love this type of image and really enjoy taking them in cars. I'll be taking some in vintage motors on friday, can't wait :cool:

Cheers,

Pete

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ah yes the interior light.... we couldn't get it to turn off. It gave me a few problems as the light was very close to the lens so the shot had lens flare in it. Took me a while to edit out, I'm still not fully happy with the result but I don't think people will notice.

Pete

1 - 9 of 9 Posts