GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody had any experiances taking off the front bumper to install an upgraded Intercooler ?

The car is an R33 GTR and the Intercooler is an XS Power one ??

I've been told I will either have to a) remove air-con or B) cut the bumper to make it fit. Will probably have to make an extended bracket ??

Basically I'm after some info on taking the bumper off.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
296 Posts
The bumper is easy to remove. You will need to remove the upper grille, and the plastic fittings below it. There are 2 bolts per side just forward of the wheel arch splash panels, you will need to remove the forward one to get to the bolts. The lower tray/engine tray/brake air scoops need to be removed. The front turnsignals need to be removed/unplugged. Put some tape along the fender and headlight lower edge so that this does not get scratched during removal/refit.

One person can do it, the bumper is very light.

As for trimming, in my case (HKS GT), I had to remove the mesh grille to have a good fit. The plastic surround pushes up slightly against the IC side tanks, but not by much so I left it alone. Your case may be different. Only way to know is to try it. IMO better to avoid trimming the bumper at all if possible, once you cut you can never go back...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts