GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what the real advantages are of replacing the stock intercooler piping with hard pipe kits by the likes of Trust/Greddy, HKS, etc?

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Apart from the fact that they look sweet in the engine bay, they will give slightly better throttle response as there is no pressure loss. If you try pressing against the standard black silicone pipes you will see how much they can bend...hence expand under high pressure loads.

Fitting mine in 2 weeks:D

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does anyone know how much of a difference these make then?

I know it improves throttle response apparently, but has anyone got any real world viewpoints on how their car performed both before and after the hard pipes were added?

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Durz...

I had a chat with abbey about this as why should I.
Evryone has commented right so far and I think the main reason is for holding the boost corectly and making sure the flow is right.
As the std pipes are rubber they have been known to collapse as higher boost levels, so as your have the steel turbos and may think of running over 1.2 bar then a wise investment, especially as you move to 1.4 bar and over.
Hope this helps.
Plus they look nice!! (if you are a tart like Paul)

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Inmterconnecting hard pipes

Just another point. When connecting them together it makes a differenec on what ends the hard pipe kits have. If it has a decent size lip you will ge less air loss than those with only a small flange.

John

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I always prefer a small flange

myself. aiiyyee
also nice big lips are good to see and very sporting. Mind you no one wants to see it looking like a stuffed kebab or vertical sea food taco or a set of John Wayne's saddle bags.
you get a lot less air loss that way aaaiiiiyyyeee.
flange tastic.

NLW

1 - 15 of 15 Posts