GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Well had quite a good morning fitting my Intercooler, hardpipes and Started to put the oil cooler in. Run into a small problem in that my HKS Blowoff valves get in the way of the oil cooler. I`v had a little play and have one more trick up my sleave but it I can`t get it to fit with them I think i`ll be selling the dumpvalves and I`ll replace them with Trust Items !!! Spoke to Tim as Tuning Japanese and he said he could tig weld them onto the hard pipe kit but I`v not decided yet :) All I can say is the Intercooler and pipes are very easy to fit but the oil cooler looks alot more involved.

Here are a few pics :-

In these pictures you can see the size difference !!!

And in this picture you can see the Oil cooler rad test bolted into place :)

So If anyone thinks they maybe intrested in the dump valves if I don`t need them then please let me know.

Seeya

Richard

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Hi Richard,

The tig welding solution sounds pretty good. Might save you the trouble of locating another pair of blow off valves!

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi DCD,

Yeah I may have them Tig welded but will have to see what space I have as the Oil filter is also re-located into the engine bay and I`m not sure there will be room! I`v had a I dea of how I Might get them to fit so I`m going to pop into work today to have aplay :)

Take care

Richard

·
Registered
547 Posts
Oil Cooler

Abbey stick the oil cooler in front of the rad above the intercooler at the left side (looking at the car from the front as per your pic).

This leave loads of room for other bits :)

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
why no fit the radiator at the other side of the car like
the nismo kit, or is that where trust say to fit it.

·
Registered
997 Posts
oil cooler

Hi,
The oil coolers in my cars,both HKS,are fitted on the other side.I`m not sure if I`ve ever seen an oil cooler fitted on the dump valve side?If you decide to switch to the race atmospheric style dump valves then this might cause a problem as they are larger & take up more room.
What modifications are you doing?Are you changing the turbos?

Good luck,
Henry.:)

·
Registered
997 Posts
WHOOPS

Hi,
Just looked at your pictures again & re-read your post & I see you already have HKS dump valves,so ignore the last bit of my post above.

Henry.

ps. Talking from experience,stick to one make of after market performance products,then they all "should " fit without too many problems.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the Ideas:) The kit says to mount it in the O/S inner wing I don`t think it will fit infront of the aircon rad as the Oil cooler radiator is alot bigger than normal. I think to be honest I will get the Trust dumpvalve kit and sell mine and as Henry said if I stuck to the same make you wouldn`t have this problem:(

Thanks again guys if I come up with another solution I`ll let you know.

Cheers

Richard

P

·
0 Posts
is that the trust 600x300x115mm cooler?

if so i just fit this to my car yesterday and it was a nightmare to get the bumper back on, i ended up shaving about 15-20mm off the sides/bottom of the main opening in the bumper

1 - 10 of 10 Posts