GTR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,

im about to drop my engine back into my gtr - 26/30 build which means that my intercooler plumbing which runs to the intake plenum on the drivers & passenger side will not marry up due to the difference in height @ 38mm (taller rb30 block).

I have a few ideas as below:

1. cut my factory black rubber pipes somewhere in the middle, then add a similar diameter alloy pipe which would be 2inches in length to run inside the rubber pipes, fixed with 2 strong ‘t clamps’ – I can then adjust the length to suit!

2. have the pipes fabricated in alloy

is there any aftermarket intercooler pipes i can get to suit the additional length??? i bet the answer is no :bawling:

i was also advised to elongate the engine mount holes by 5mm so that the total height drop to about 33mm

·
Registered
84 Posts
hi
there isn't any off the shelf piping kits i know of to fit the 30's in so is a custom job.:(
i had an alloy pipe made to get everything to line up in mine but it's into r32 gtst with greddy manifold etc.

with the height you can slot the holes to drop it or trim some of the ribbing from the underside of the bonnet.
i went with the trimming of the bonnet(dirty old steel) because of how close the front sway bar sits to the sump on gtst but unsure what the clearance on a gtr is like

1 - 3 of 3 Posts